Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Urgent - PLEASE HELP - Distributor problem!!!

fallenlordz
12-28-2002, 09:35 AM
Can someone please help me with my current problem.. I have a 1992 ACURA integra GS. The problem appeared as I was driving from New York to Atlanta (850 miles)

Once I arrived in atlanta my cheak warning light came on the dashboard. Then i opened my car hood and looked at it, I started hearing sqeaking and banging noise coming from the distributor.

Later I opened the distributor cap and I saw that the rotor was wobbling alittle bit back and forth. So I thoght that was the problem.

I then went to the Acura Dealer and got a new distributor (I does not wobble), I also got a new Rotor and new Cap just to be on the safe side. After I put in the coils and the wires form my old disributor to my new distributor, I then put on rotor and cap, then attached the spark wires.

Here comes problem.. My car will not start when I turn on the ignition key. I hear normal sounds but I dont think there is any spark goin to my engine. ( I also bought new spark plugs and wires to be safe)

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME ANY SUGGESTIONS. (I have to goo back to NY this week) I would bring the car in to the ACURA dealer but the car doesnt start. PLEASE HELP!!!!:confused:

Melissa91
01-17-2003, 03:30 PM
Well I had the same problem with my 91 integra....by any chance are you putting in the screw that holds the rottery button in place wrong? I find that that screw also comes out...which would cause that problem. Make sure you have it in there really good before you start your car.

shawn1
01-17-2003, 11:35 PM
Sounds like a problem with the ignition coil to me if it doesn't start at all.

bambam89lx
02-04-2003, 07:16 AM
any time you replace a distributor, you have to set the timing again. Did u do that? If not, then that's ur problem. no doubt about it.

sychox
02-04-2003, 07:47 PM
Did you make sure that you put all the wires back in the same spots that you took them off from? If you forgot to do that or got them mixed up, just call the acura place and ask for the cylinder order for the dist. That might be your prob.

Add your comment to this topic!