Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

i need some help

uke78
12-08-2002, 10:05 PM
ok, i have been trying to paint my door panels, and dash, i bought so dupicolor vinal paint from an auto zone store, and i cleaned with denatured alcohol to take out the armor plate, and sanded it good. but i am getting bubbles in the corners and i cant get it to stick to smooth parts of the dooe. ie the speaker covers.

if anyone has any how to or tips on this please let me know i really hate to waste more money, i have to start all over.

should i have been using a primer?:bloated: :bloated:

99silverGT
12-10-2002, 07:44 PM
sand it with some 180grit sand paper and primer it. then u can sand out any bad spots u might have. use 280grit after u primer it, then u can paint it. make sure u use a tack cloth so u dont get dirt in it.

uke78
12-11-2002, 12:26 AM
ok now i have another question, scince i am usig primer, when i am done and someone dose somthing like kicks my door panel will the paint crack?

ps. thanx for the help, i feel like a lost pup in the dark woods.

custmguru
01-15-2003, 01:51 PM
mmm.. im not sure.. it may... if there is there isnt much you can do about it... maybe put on a couple coats of clear so you can buff out the bad marks...

billygg420
05-09-2003, 03:09 PM
hey before you paint your dorr panels go over it real good with scotch bright pad. they are real cheap. its almost like a 400 grit paper but in a pad form to get all those tight spots. if you dont do this it will have the ability to chip off eventually. just a bit of advice. I know yuo can pick up these pads about anywhere, especially an automotive paint shop.
-korey

bowtiebandit
05-10-2003, 01:08 PM
Look for a product with some sort of flex agent like flexorall. This is the same stuff added to paint that is used on bumpers to prevent cracking.

Add your comment to this topic!