Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

olds back end sags

lovemyolds
11-27-2007, 03:23 AM
hey, my name is dustin, i am new to this sight so i dont know much about it. I have a 93 olds ninety eight regency elite 3.8, and it has its flaws thats for sure cant seem to let it go, my problem is that my compresor is all ways running and its killed a couple of batteries on me, i think that there is a leak in one of the air shocks, the question is if i can (and where can i) find new or used air shocks do i have to replace the air lines as well?. Any help would be really apresheated

thanx dustin

maxwedge
11-27-2007, 02:38 PM
Welcome to AF, first get air into the system thru the test port on the pump, then look/listen for air leaks in the lines or shocks, if the pump runs more than 30 seconds after the engine is shut off usually the relay is bad.

lovemyolds
11-27-2007, 11:49 PM
thank you for your reply, so if the relay is bad then do i have to swap out the compresor?

maxwedge
11-28-2007, 01:56 PM
No, the relay should be seperate.

natepr
02-13-2008, 08:15 AM
If it is the same as my 97 Regency, the compressor unit contains a bleed-off solenoid thet activates to release air when the back of the car is too high. If it is stuck open or leaking, the symptom should be the same as a bad pump. If you can get to the pump, I suggest holding your finger over the air -release outlet while it is pumping. (My solenoid was bad, and the car was too high when load was removed)

Add your comment to this topic!