Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Still with the poping noise passenger side

z24forlife
09-03-2007, 11:40 PM
Hello guys... I noticed that the poping noise has returned. Last time I had this.. the problem was the stabaliser bushings.. the 2 center ones, so of course I changed the 2 center and the end bushings as well.. The car then was running smooth with no poping sounds.. Now when I make a left turn the noise has returned. I tried today by removing the front wheel and applying some jig-O-loo around the ball joints, tye-rod end ball joint and (which can be greased) and around those center bushings... I went for a test after that and it seemed like the poping was gone. Tonight i went out with girlfriend and the sound was present at almost every rough bump. Of course it can be a number of things.. but I noticed when it rains.. the noise is not there... Sooo it does sound like something is drieing up underneath.. But what ?? Is there any good lube i can apply.. and where should I apply it... Car still drives pretty tight... but maybe a little sloopy when bumbs get rough. Its very annoying I tell ya.... Anyone with some experience with this... Yes cavaliers are great indeed..lol...

muff34
09-04-2007, 10:21 AM
Did you try spraying lube around the top of front strut from engine bay. Bushings/mounts may be dry, on there way out . I tried it on my `00 and it quieted my noise down..........for now .lol

z24forlife
09-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Hi..
you mean the top plate connected to the strut.... do I do this from the engine side... but honestly it seems like the noise is coming from underneath... and those front top-plates have been changed last year when I purchased the car... unless they are shot again... which I doubt. But yeah the noise sounds like its underneath and I can feel it poping right when i make a left curve... or evem a slight move to the left side will bring about the pop.

anyone else..
Thanks

Classicrocjunkie
09-04-2007, 02:42 PM
Get some poly control arm bushings and lube the fuck outta them when you install them, same for your sway bars and get some pillow ball upper mounts. Your having waaaay too many issues even for a J suspension wise. Or just turn up your music and deal with it. lol

z24forlife
09-04-2007, 02:58 PM
Or just turn up your music and deal with it. lol

Thats what i did last night.... but of course its not to comfortable when you wanna talk with the lady.... huh..?? Is jig O loo any good on the table bushings.... ?? I know you'r from the US.. but whats the lube compared to her in my city..??...
Just letting ya know that..I re applied some lube on the table bushings on both... took it for a spin and it seems quite.... Im wondering tho... I noticed when it gets cooler too.. the pop comes back... Temperature has got alot to do with this. I know its not serious.. but man can it be annoying..ouff yeah..lol

z24forlife
09-04-2007, 09:40 PM
Is PB blaster a good lube to apply around those sticky table bushings.. etc... I heard it an amazing lube product.. >>

search for it and let me know.. PBblaster

Classicrocjunkie
09-04-2007, 10:44 PM
uggh, i am not sure what lube I used for the bushing. It came with my bushing kit. It was a white synthetic lube that i know for sure. Almost looked like dielectric grease.

shakewell
09-04-2007, 10:53 PM
PB Blaster is not a lube - it's a rust buster. Use some white lithium grease or something similar - maybe silicone spray. But , if you have to lube them, they are bad.

Did you ever replace the stab. link ends? I know you said the bushings, but the links? If you hear it over small sharp bumps, it could be them. And check your front end parts. Lift up the front and tug the wheels side to side and up and down to feel for loose components.

z24forlife
09-04-2007, 11:34 PM
Yes the stabaliser bar bushings have been replaced by moog parts... the center ones, which are a bitch to change.. and the outer ones.. (the ones conected to the tables)... all have been done.. and the end ones i replaced myself... The pop is not constant, and it really depends on the weather too... The car is still very tight... problem is that its extreemly anoying. So PB blaster wouldnt be good on these.... ?? Maybe to clean em up and re-apply good lube on them. I also purchased white lithium greas in spray can at Canadian Tire.. With what can I clean up all of the bushings... would engine degreaser be any good..?? Damn car.. and to think that I really take care of it... wow... she can be real picky huh..?? I wish I had a honda... Oh no.. I really love my car tho.. and she is very fast too. :smokin:

are polyurethane bushings any good..??

Classicrocjunkie
09-05-2007, 07:20 AM
poly are the best you can pretty much get.

z24forlife
09-05-2007, 10:51 PM
My next shot with sway bar bushings will be poly for sure... but for now looks like the lube did wonders... Last night coming home from girlfriend house.. my car was very smooth... no poping.. so for now looks like i got ride of the pops.. car goes very tight, feels like new... its not sluggish at all, so if there is a litte wear on those bushings its not much... I can still go a while with them... probaly one more year.. so Im happy now..lol..

Thanks for eveything guys...:smokin:

Add your comment to this topic!