Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I need help w/ cams

brandone1987
08-30-2007, 06:30 PM
i have a '99 zx2 w/ the dohc ztech engine and i was wanting to put larger cams in. I have always heard when you put a larger cam in your car you loose vacuum pressure, which could affect the brake booster making it hard to press the pedal and to stop. is this true? secondly if i were to put a larger cam in would i have to get the same size cam for the exhaust as the intake or could i get by w/ a smaller cam (or even the stock one) for the exhaust?

taillight
08-31-2007, 10:17 AM
You will not loose enough vacuum to notice. If you want more in you have to get more out. Replace both cams.

98mtxzx2
02-04-2009, 12:21 AM
in order to switch both you will have to delete vct...

i would say screw the cams invest in turbo..

'97ventureowner
02-04-2009, 12:30 AM
Please check the date of the last post in the thread and do not respond if that date is longer than 3 months from the current date.
From AF's Community Guidelines:
POSTING IN CLOSED OR OUTDATED THREADS:
Please avoid posting or voting in outdated threads. It merely clutters up the message board and makes it more difficult for fellow members to sort through the vast amount of information contained on the boards. If you have new and important information to add regarding a past discussion, feel free to start a new thread and if need be, add a link to the original thread.

The link to these guidelines can be found here:http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...uidelines.html

Closed.

Add your comment to this topic!