2000 GLS Blown Fuse Ign 0: PCM & BCM

ashatonu
08-13-2007, 07:17 AM
I am having a serious problem with my 2000 Olds Intrigue. Last summer my car shut off while I was backing up. When I went to restart it, I had got nothing, no power at all. I had it towed to the dealer and to my surprise and relief it was only a blown 10 Amp fuse found in the fuse panel inside the passenger door labeled something like IGN Cluster 0: PCM and BCM. I know now that this is Power train control module or the computer.
I didn't have any more problems until this summer when it happened again. I replaced the fuse and went on my way.
Last night it happened again, but now it is blowing one fuse right after the next. When I replace the fuse the car will start in park but as soon as I shift it into gear the fuse is blown. I'm about ready to have it towed to the dealer. Does anybody have any experience with this problem or any advice?
I have read about people having trouble with the shifter, could someting be shorting out there?

panzer dragoon
08-13-2007, 09:07 AM
park this car in neutral with the parking brake on (test parking brakes first). See if that helps your situation. Must be a short somewhere.

ashatonu
08-13-2007, 10:35 AM
Thanks for your reply.....I tried starting it in nuetral....no luck...blew the fuse again

panzer dragoon
08-14-2007, 03:33 PM
you are going to need the electrical schematic for this fuse (need to know everything that is on the circuit) Alldatadiy.com or the Oldsmobile Service manual should have the schematics.

=take it to the dealer if you are not confortable using a Volt/Ohm meter to diagnose electical problems. This may be a tricky fault to find and may even cause your dealer some headache and yourself some $$$.

kmohr3
08-14-2007, 04:27 PM
Is it possible that a wire harness may be rubbing against the shift linkage and/or multifunction switch, causing a short when the shift linkage is moved into gear?

kmohr3
08-14-2007, 06:20 PM
My 2002 manual says that fuse has one wire that goes to the instrument panel, one that goes to the BCM (Body Control Module), and one that goes to the PCM via a short pass-thru the underhood fuse panel A7-E8. Supposedly all the wires are purple in color. The fuse is powered by the ignition switch when in 'run' or 'acc' positions, by a dark green wire. Good luck with this one!

macpheg
08-12-2008, 11:28 AM
I also had this problem. It occurred after I tried to fix a problem with my signal lights. after 100 bucks and a tow it was found to be this fuse. A week later I was back trying to fix the signal light again and the fuse blew again . It just happened so I went out and unplugged both headlight assembly units. Again replaced the fuse and the car started fine. I appears the problem is (a) the sigtnal light socket I was attempting to fix or (b) a short in the wiring harness feeding the headlights . I suspect the socket Good Luck

BNaylor
08-12-2008, 04:20 PM
I also had this problem. It occurred after I tried to fix a problem with my signal lights. after 100 bucks and a tow it was found to be this fuse. A week later I was back trying to fix the signal light again and the fuse blew again . It just happened so I went out and unplugged both headlight assembly units. Again replaced the fuse and the car started fine. I appears the problem is (a) the sigtnal light socket I was attempting to fix or (b) a short in the wiring harness feeding the headlights . I suspect the socket Good Luck

Welcome to AF.

Thanks for contributing but please follow our forum guidelines on old threads. Thanks. See link below. This thread has been closed.

Old Thread Guidelines (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=891503)

Add your comment to this topic!