Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

The time has come. $6,000 the Nity9 is yours plus everything i have for it.

Classicrocjunkie
08-02-2007, 05:41 PM
Well I think this has been along time coming. I've search around at a few more body shops to get my car painted and its come down to the point where i refuse to pay how much these places want. I've had this car for 5 years since i was 16 and i think its about time to let her go. To get this car where i want it personally i am looking at another 10-15K dollars. So i am going to make one hell of an offer to someone.

1999 Chevy Cavalier 2.2L auto. All maintenance has been kept in a binder and 95% of modification receipts as well --- 59,6XX miles. $ 6,000 and you will get everything currently installed on the car and what i have for this car in my possession. Tranny was just flush at 50K miles, and coolant was done at the same time. Hasn't seen winter in 3 years. Body is flaw less with no dents and no rust. Under carriage has some but not visible unless you get under car.

Stock parts (95-99 fenders, hood, bumpers, headlights w/ old pigtails, springs, motor mounts, bumper signals, tail lamps, 15" steelies with hubcaps, radio bezel, steering wheel column covers, air intake) I've kept pretty much everything if this day was ever to come and i am thankful i did this since it has.

Extra parts laying around ( 00 toyo fenders still in box from GM, 2.3 TB, 95-99 Z24 crush guard w/ fasteners)

Modifications.

* Working 00+ Headlight conversion with black headlamps and corners
* RKsport Type-J body kit w/ import fighter side skirts
* Aerogear Carbon fiber hood with sparco hood pins
* Aerogear Carbon fiber fenders
* RKsport Pro-stock wing
* 95-99 Toyota tails
* Motegi DPK 18 x 8 ( Hyperblack)
* Kelly Fierce 225/40ZR18 rubber
* Eibach Pro kit
* KYB AGX
* BAER Decela Crossed drilled and slotted rotors
* Hawk Ferro-carbon pads
* Neon Rear Disc Conversion
* Stillen Drilled Neon Rear Rotors
* Hawk Ferro-Carbon Pads
* Braided SS Brake Lines
* Prothane Control Arm bushings
* RDFABS CAI
* Prothane lower engine mount
* Turbo Tech Racing Upper Engine Mount
* Pace Setter Armor coated header ( 4-1 )
* Magnaflow 2.5" High flo Cat
* Magnaflow 18" (2.5") Resonator
* Magnaflow Dual oval mufflers
* RDFABS Custom 2.5" Stainless steel Dual Exhaust
* MSD Blaster Coilpacs
* Racing pedals otherwise stock for now
* Autometer Artic white Street rod series 2 1/16" tach
* Autometer Ultra-lite Pro-Comp Series
* - Air/fuel guage
* - Boost/Vacuum
* - Oil pressue
* - Volts
* Autometer Dual Gauge pod
* Glassed Radio bezel with 4 gauge pods
* Glassed pod on steering colum cover.
* Pioneer DEH-6500
* Pioneer 4x6
* Rockford fosgate 6x9
*LED gauge cluster upgrade

I own this car 100% and there is no lean on the title. I will try to sell this as is for a month ( personally i think this is a steal with all the extra crap your going to get and with a car with low miles. Body kit is mint since car was very very rarely every driven after it was installed.

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/9002/dscf0788ix5.jpg

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/8594/20070521image0007wu3.jpg

http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/9177/20070617image0014ru6.jpg

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/938/20070717image0001ajy7.jpg

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/9001/20070717image0002bb5.jpg

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/4367/20070708image0011ck4.jpg

Will deliver the car up to 100 miles away on dolly.

Or i will sell the car $4,000 w/ suspension, exhaust, sound system, since i don't have the stock parts anymore. KBB puts my car at $4,180 for my area, milage and excellent condition. You can see in the pics the car is pretty flawless... Yes i know modifications don't add value to your car but your getting way more than 2,000 just in aftermarket parts. I don't have the time to part it out. College start up in a month for me.

Feel free to PM me, or cody@rdfabs.com

jerseycavyz24
08-02-2007, 10:14 PM
Cody i cant believe ur gonna sell it! How much are the prices people are quoting u?

Lefix
08-03-2007, 02:33 AM
There was ALOT of work, time, and money into this car... sad that you are selling it...

Classicrocjunkie
08-03-2007, 02:34 AM
Cody i cant believe ur gonna sell it! How much are the prices people are quoting u?

$4,500-6,000.

KBB says car is worth $3,7XX

not too economical. However, if i cannot find a buyer i am going to personally strip the car and take care of all the rust/problem spots, drop the motor, subframe, trailing arm and re-do the entire car. But i'd rather just sell it.

yhandor
08-03-2007, 04:17 AM
Keep it plain and simple. Dont sell your work, you've put lots of hours and time into that car to just sell it for money, the car should be priceless to you and the thought of you even wanting to sell it shouldn't be there......also, curious, wherever you got your intake, they make one for a 2.4.......looks like yours is a true CAI right down through the fender, I would LOVE one for my 2.4, and also what happens in the rain? Does it have the bypass for water?

yhandor
08-03-2007, 04:18 AM
Plus you don't want someone rolling around in YOUR work, do you? Especially oen of those kids who will buy it and say they did it all themselves? Think about it ;)

jerseycavyz24
08-03-2007, 09:27 AM
Hmm 4500-6000 seems a little high, yet im not sure what kinda pait/scheme u were going for. I think u should rethink this. I went through a phase like this with my cav n i was ready to sell, but then realized that im in it for the long hall n the learning expierences that come with it.

DeadBlade89
08-03-2007, 11:55 AM
I hate to see you doing this. Are you sure youve put enough thought into this cody?

also, curious, wherever you got your intake, they make one for a 2.4.......looks like yours is a true CAI right down through the fender, I would LOVE one for my 2.4

they make them at the shop he works at (RDFabs). Heres the link to the 2.4 intake...

http://www.rdfabs.com/24_caint.asp

Classicrocjunkie
08-03-2007, 02:05 PM
If my garage was like double the size it is right now i would be keeping the car. Everytime i am under it i wanna cry for what the winters have done to it. I am a very very particular person to details and i HATE rust. The only way i will every be happy is if i can fully strip my car down to the frame, sand blast or wire wheel the whole damn thing and re-do it all. I just cannot get the car that high in my own garage and the shop i would need the lift for a great deal of time. Needing to drop the fuel tank, lines, exhaust again. Yes there is a lot of work + time into the car but it has been controlling my life these past 5 years. I've got the guys at the shop all over my case about going boost since they all are but i want to be different still from them. I think i am just going to wait out this month and try to sell it. Then think of what i want to do next. If i am to keep this car, i am doing a motor swap and GM charger...

yhandor
08-03-2007, 07:13 PM
Nice, if I bought that, and it rained, is there a bypass for water or would it go into the engine?

Classicrocjunkie
08-03-2007, 08:40 PM
You don't need one, lol.

Unless you plan on going through a puddle that more than 1.5 feet deep. Normally you can spot those coming before you hit them. We've sold these to alteast 150 people now and no one has had any issues.

Lances133
08-05-2007, 07:34 AM
Yes there is a lot of work + time into the car but it has been controlling my life these past 5 years.
I know exactly how you feel man, I almost lost the best girl that's ever came across me because my cav ran my life. That's why I'm done with mine also. If I could sell mine I would as well but I'm just parting it out and driving it stock. I say stick with your decision in selling it, part it out if you have to. You'll be happier and better off with your Audi or M3. I had a feeling you were gonna be doing this after those paint prices. Good luck man.

Classicrocjunkie
08-05-2007, 06:56 PM
The more i think about this, the more i don't know what i want to do. I love BMW's and audi's but i have no idea on how to work on them. J-bodies on the other case i know like the back of my hand insides and out. Soo.... Why not look for a newer J-body? Take the almost 5K i have saved right now for paint, wait another season and go for a road trip down south and bring myself back a southern 03-05 LS sport, manual sunroof & rust free and with some miles on her for dirt cheap? Yank out the eco and build up the engine and run the GM charger. The more i think about it, this is the route i'd really like to take. More economical and no car payments again...

jerseycavyz24
08-06-2007, 06:08 AM
Yea thats the key, no car payments. lol

DeadBlade89
08-06-2007, 10:28 AM
The more i think about this, the more i don't know what i want to do. I love BMW's and audi's but i have no idea on how to work on them. J-bodies on the other case i know like the back of my hand insides and out. Soo.... Why not look for a newer J-body? Take the almost 5K i have saved right now for paint, wait another season and go for a road trip down south and bring myself back a southern 03-05 LS sport, manual sunroof & rust free and with some miles on her for dirt cheap? Yank out the eco and build up the engine and run the GM charger. The more i think about it, this is the route i'd really like to take. More economical and no car payments again...

sounds like a A+ plan right there!

Classicrocjunkie
08-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Even my parents are in an agreement with me on this... That has to be a first... *WTF!!!

I just can't have all 3 cars stored at my house for the winter, their only stipulation... Lol.

Lances133
08-07-2007, 03:07 PM
Or since you already know everything about cav's, why not expand your knowledge and try something new? ;)

Add your comment to this topic!