Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Knock Sensor

tfburton
07-01-2007, 11:57 PM
Ok I've got a check engine light indicating a bad knock sensor. So I'm thinkin no big deal I've replaced that before (on other cars of course). So I buy a haynes repair manual, a sensor, and start reading. Manual says to take out a list of about 10 things including intake manifolds, gas lines, and a few other secondary systems... I was hoping that someone would tell me it was easier than that, and to just look for the stupid thing on the engine block. I haven't bothered looking, cause I hoped to find something here, but no luck so far. Anyone wanna make my day???

bigkev1960
09-02-2007, 10:56 AM
Ok I've got a check engine light indicating a bad knock sensor. So I'm thinkin no big deal I've replaced that before (on other cars of course). So I buy a haynes repair manual, a sensor, and start reading. Manual says to take out a list of about 10 things including intake manifolds, gas lines, and a few other secondary systems... I was hoping that someone would tell me it was easier than that, and to just look for the stupid thing on the engine block. I haven't bothered looking, cause I hoped to find something here, but no luck so far. Anyone wanna make my day???
its 2 bolts just left of the oil dip stick at the front of the engine and one wire to a connector go for it

Add your comment to this topic!