Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

2004 Subaru Legacy Outback 3.0L VDC...Would you buy?

Raceghost
06-10-2007, 09:32 PM
68,000 miles, $15K, Automatic, no major defects, slight pull to the right front on braking, passanger mirror a little loose, and suspension seems a bit used or squishy...Warreny left up to 100,000 miles...

Looking at buying this for the girfriend for her B-Day, and we are just not sure. AWD (snow traction) is a must, and I am partial to the Outback sedans over just about any other subaru...

Never owned a Subaru, but really interested. Lets not talk about the WRX for I am a EVO fan when it comes to that style, but I have seen nothing that I like that rivals the Outback Sedan for sport, and feel, and comfotablity in control for an everyday user, out of cars in its class...

Thanks in advance!

sickcallawayc12
06-10-2007, 10:40 PM
Seems like a decent deal considering what you're getting. From what i've seen, the six cylinder outback seems to be the way to go as it isn't prone to head gasket problems as much as 4 banger legacies. And as for your suspension problems, well, i'd still get this car regardless and address them ASAP, warrantied or not. I only chose my Blazer over an Outback because the one i test drove had a little more questionable things other than suspension problems and I had to be able to drive it 4 hours back home. Still, a Subaru is a car that's worth dumping all your money in IMO.

I consider Subaru as one of the best car brands on the road today. It rivals Honda for the top spot in overall reliability. AWD, all wagons are spacious (impreza, legacy, forester), a blast to drive, decent pickup, lasts forever, and just plain great machines for the money.

Add your comment to this topic!