Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

If You Leave The resonator On,Does It Decrease HP?

DOHCGSR
09-11-2001, 04:00 PM
I installed an Injen short ram intake on my 96 GSR and left the resonator on. If You Leave The resonator On,Does It Decrease HP? Does it restrict air flow to my engine? If I take my resonator off will it increase HP or will it stay the same as if I had my resonator on?

GOD
09-11-2001, 10:12 PM
I'm guessing that you should take it off it seems to me that it would be more restrictive than flowing . I might be wrong but I think that you should take it off and give it a try .

neouser
09-12-2001, 01:22 AM
Won't make 1/10th of 1% of difference, since you're sucking in hot engine bay air regardless of whether the resonator is there or not. I've got a 3" short ram intake with a K&N RU2710 filter tucked into the stock airbox with 4" hose going to the bumper area sans resonator. I just installed a thermometer from Radio Shack today and ran the lead to the air filter. At 4 p.m. at idle sitting still, my motor was 148 degrees. At night, with the car in motion, it runs a cool 62 degrees. Neat, huh? Unless you're blocking the short ram from the rest of the engine compartment and the filter is sucking air from the bottom of the car or from the bumper, you're going to be eating the hot air regardless of resonator or not...

blatch
11-08-2001, 08:16 PM
w/o rez = sound <3

Add your comment to this topic!