No dash lights

hallboy
04-11-2007, 12:13 AM
I see that no one has posted in a bit so I hope that someone gets this.
I have a newly aquired 94 J30. I have replaced most of the fuses under the dash but I still have no dash lights. When I turn on the lights the climate control dims so that you can barely see it.
Anyone know of the spicific fuse for the dash?
Also I have one light out. The front right head light. I swaped fuses and I know they are good. Is there a relay that would effect that? I think there is a thread on that one.
thanks for any help,
Ian

swimshark
04-19-2007, 12:39 PM
check your dimmer on the left side of thew wheel just below the speedo cluster and make sure it is pushed all the way up. if that doesnt work it might be that dimmer itself (i have one) or a fuse but i do not know which fuse off the top of my head. the front headlight out is probably because of a dead bulb unless it will go off and on randomly. if this is the case, this means it is the headlamp relay. i had mine replaced because my passenger side light would go off and on at random times and had a local shop here in lilburn replace it for $75 (part and labor).

by the way, can you give me a full list of interior and door parts you need for your J30. that way i can see what i got and give you a price quote for the parts i do have.

kngofvegas
04-22-2007, 06:58 AM
I have had the same problem with my "possessed" dash lights. They work more than they don't work. Quick fix is tap with both hands in front of the speedometer and above the steering wheel and magically they turn on. Before i bought the car I read about these problems and sure enough people were not lying. Now I get this loud zap through the stereo when I turn the car on like there is short in the stereo. After the initial zap, it's fine!! This car is nutty!! Thank god it runs great!!

Add your comment to this topic!