Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Do you smoke, and have window regulator issues?

wheel1856
04-09-2007, 09:04 AM
I just got my 2000 GS-R after a long string of civic ownership, and while searching around for common issues with Integra's I noticed that a lot of folks had mysterious window problems. Here's one solution to a few folks...

If you routinely have your window down/cracked etc because you - for example - smoke and ash out the window... as it's raining, snowing, road mung/misting all over your car, it is getting inside your door as well.

As the water (filled with junk from the road) collects in your car door, it collects on the regulator arm, lock assemlies and regulators, and everything else.

It doesn't take a degree in chemistry to know, that over a period of time, this well start to corrode everything, causing your regulators to stick - particulalry the window where the unfinished metal constantly rubs on itself. I have broken two windows, on two different civics as a result of this - after wiring in the new stereo and speakers into the integra, I noticed the same set-up as the civic.

How to fix/prevent this?

Don't smoke...duh. Keep your window up in the rain and snor...duh.

Routinely clean the parts, use WD-40 to get the moisture out, then slap on some clean grease.

Have a nice day.

Add your comment to this topic!