Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

sr20

scorpion333
03-11-2007, 06:47 AM
hey

i wanted to find out wat the difference is between a non-turbo sr20de and a turbo engine, i myself hav a non-turbo gold top engine and i wanted to find out how it stacks up against a red-top, apart from the obvious turbo wats the difference in the engine, also i was thinking of turbo'ing my n14 1993 sss pulsar with a t25 stock sr20 turbo, how do u think my engine would handle it, with the turbo i wanted to add the stock intercooler aswell, but with the 180sx's and silvias the intercooler is found infront of the left wheel, will my car be able to do this, i do not want to remove my front bumper or cut it up either for resale purposes.

let me know wat u think guys

thanks
craig

mmcleo11
03-15-2007, 09:29 PM
Plenty of info on the SR20DET conversion for the N14 Pulsars.

The DET motor has lower compression pistons, a oil drain for the block to allow the turbo oil feed to drain oil into the sump, different intake camshaft, different injectors, different air flow meter, different computer.

I have done quite a few of these conversions but the DET motor is much easier/more reliable if your SR20DE motor has more than 180,000Km's on it.

http://forum.pulsar.org.au/showthread.php?t=57991

mmcleo11
03-15-2007, 09:41 PM
Also, the FWD motors do not have to have a red top to be a DET motor. Plenty of varying colour rocker covers.

Forget the stock intercooler as a front mount can fit without an major cutting.

Add your comment to this topic!