Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

97 Sentra needs your help

nameless301
02-19-2007, 10:41 AM
Hi, I have a 97 Sentra, automatic, I think 87,000 miles and I drove to work on friday and everything was going great, then i went out to lunch drove about a block and a half and had a sandwich and then when I went to start my car up it started and then stalled, so I tried again and same thing happened, it wouldn't stay on unless I kept the RPMs up myself. So I finally got back to work and then when I went out to go home my car started fine and went home.

I was just wondering what might this be, I was thinking fuel pump or fuel filter but I wasn't sure?

Oh and also sometimes when I leave in the morning there sounds like pump or something is struggling under the hood, I don't know how to explain it except it just keeps making the same noise at the same time interval and my car idles a little rough when stopped, any help would be much appreciated.

nismo_pilot
02-19-2007, 08:04 PM
sounds like a fuel pump, click your car on with your door open and listen for it, it should pressurize the lines in 2-3 seconds

slideways...
02-19-2007, 08:48 PM
doesnt sound at all like a fuel pump to me...for one, its in the gas tank not under the hood. this is not easy to diagnose from your description, but the first thing id do is make sure you have enough power steering fluid.

nismo_pilot
02-19-2007, 10:03 PM
and blinker fluid

Add your comment to this topic!