Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Check Engine light, 3 code

Killa
02-10-2007, 02:48 PM
Finally I have time and go to autozone, for check engine light and print out the code, to post here.

Code 1: P0125
The PCM had determined that the amount of time it took for the coolant temperature sensor to reach a input value consistent with closed loop operation was too excessive.

Code 2: P0100
The PCM had determined that a malfunction exist in the electrical circut for the mass air flow or volume air flow sensor. This code point toward a possible wiring problem, ie: short to ground, short to power, or an open circuit.

Code 3: P0170
The PCM determined that during testing, the fuel compensation value for bank 1 exceeded the specified range. ( Bank 1 indentifies the location of cylinder #1, while bank 2 identifies the cyclinder on the opposite bank )

The car run ok, I fell it weak cause the valve cover bolt is trip, so it loosing pressure, running stock blow off valve so I have boost leak, bad gas miles. Please help me the best you guy can, thanks alot -Killa-.

Scrapper
02-10-2007, 03:49 PM
you can take the maf sensor apart and clean the screen..as i've done this a few times and it works.
good luck...

Killa
02-10-2007, 04:48 PM
you can take the maf sensor apart and clean the screen..as i've done this a few times and it works.
good luck...

MAF sensor ?

Killa
02-11-2007, 08:45 AM
Any one have any ideal, what other code mean ?

spyderturbo007
02-12-2007, 12:27 PM
The P0125 is a CEL for the coolant temp sensor. Basically the ECU isn't being shown that the vehicle is up to operating temperature and therefor isn't entering closed loop.

Be aware, that the coolant temp sensor for the gauge is not the one used by the ECU. There are 2 different coolant temp sensors located on the thermostat housing. One for the gauge and one for the ECU. So the gauge could show that you are up to temp, but the ECU is "seeing" something else.

I think the sensor is about $23 from the dealer, if I remember correctly.

The P0170 is a "Fuel trim malfunction, Bank 1" CEL. This means that the ECU is out of it's adjustment range to compensate for what it believes is a rich or lean condition. This is normally caused by a bad O2 sensor, but could very well be a product of your P0125 CEL.

Do you have a logger?

Wick3D-PimP
02-13-2007, 11:57 AM
coolant temp sensor is about 16$ and i can bet when u replace it that 3rd code will disapear too... one of the functions of that sensor is to run your engine leaner under cold conditions.. thus "fuel compensation value for bank 1 exceeded the specified range".

Id replace that temp sens 1st then reset ur ecu.. then test again.

Killa
02-14-2007, 10:28 PM
coolant temp sensor is about 16$ and i can bet when u replace it that 3rd code will disapear too... one of the functions of that sensor is to run your engine leaner under cold conditions.. thus "fuel compensation value for bank 1 exceeded the specified range".

Id replace that temp sens 1st then reset ur ecu.. then test again.

How do I replace that collant temp sensor that run into ecu ( that the one I need replace right ?, if I go to dealer what should I tell them ? ):wink:

spyderturbo007
02-16-2007, 09:54 AM
How do I replace that collant temp sensor that run into ecu ( that the one I need replace right ?, if I go to dealer what should I tell them ? ):wink:

Tell them that you need to Coolant Temperature Sensor for the ECU and not the one for the gauge.

It's bolted in the thermostat housing. If you do it quick enough, you can just unscrew the old one and replace it with the new one without loosing too much coolant. Just make sure the car is cold when you do it......We don't want you to get burned with hot antifreeze. :wink:

Killa
02-16-2007, 08:39 PM
Thanks guy, I call the dealer and got it quote for $55, So I went to autozone get one for $20, I replace it sunday, its bad to run the car like that ?

Killa
02-21-2007, 10:31 PM
Can any one tell me where is MAF or MAS sensor locator ? cause I heard those can be clean, what can I use to clean them ? thanks

spyderturbo007
02-22-2007, 09:35 AM
You will be running in limp mode if the ECU doesn't see the car is up to operating temperature. It won't hurt anything, but I wouldn't go on a 1,000 mile road trip.

You are just going to be running pretty rich, so I might suggest that you replace your plugs when you get the CEL's fixed.

spyderturbo007
02-22-2007, 09:38 AM
Can any one tell me where is MAF or MAS sensor locator ? cause I heard those can be clean, what can I use to clean them ? thanks

If you open your hood, you will find the MAS in the lower left corner of the engine bay. If you have an aftermarket filter, such as a K & N, the filter will be directly attached to the MAS. Let me see if I can find a picture......

Here you go, it's the orange dot:

http://members.shaw.ca/dsm.1000q/Engineprimer/2G/aircan.htm

You really souldn't have to clean the MAS, unless you have a shitty air filter, but you can easily inspect the MAS just by pulling the filter off.

Add your comment to this topic!