Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Anyone selling parts?

skyrunner
12-19-2006, 08:19 AM
Anyone parting out a 1995 Nissan Sentra or similar (GA16DE engine)? Or does anyone have a suggestion for a different forum where I should look?

I need an exhaust camshaft...

Thanks

fugiot
12-19-2006, 01:15 PM
I don't know if this helps, but you can get a whole new engine for about $300.

nismo_pilot
12-19-2006, 02:08 PM
true

skyrunner
12-19-2006, 02:52 PM
I don't know if this helps, but you can get a whole new engine for about $300.

I guess I don't know the right places to look. Where would you buy a motor from if you were going to?

fugiot
12-19-2006, 03:08 PM
You can try JGYcustoms.com They specialize in SR20, but I'm sure they have some GAs.

Also, eBay should be just fine. I found a few GAs on eBay for around $300.

slideways...
12-19-2006, 08:16 PM
junkyard. dime a dozen.

nismo_pilot
12-20-2006, 01:02 AM
not if you want a jdmtyeyo one though

jimmy-Hands-on
01-27-2007, 03:19 PM
Anyone parting out a 1995 Nissan Sentra or similar (GA16DE engine)? Or does anyone have a suggestion for a different forum where I should look?

I need an exhaust camshaft...

Thanks

Hi, still need it? where are you?
I have an replaced eng. (GA16DE) for my 95.
(the timing chain sprokets was messed up when losing oil thru crank seal.)

skyrunner
02-15-2007, 10:44 AM
Hi, still need it? where are you?
I have an replaced eng. (GA16DE) for my 95.
(the timing chain sprokets was messed up when losing oil thru crank seal.)

Im at zip 52317. PM me how much you want for it shipped please. Thanks,
Steve

jimmy-Hands-on
02-15-2007, 07:37 PM
Im at zip 52317. PM me how much you want for it shipped please. Thanks,
Steve
Steve,
Not sure if it's practical,
Est, From Burlington, North Caroliner to IA, per Post office rate
freight)13+pack)3+Labor&material)25=total41.
with tracking/insurance/COD extra per USPS -
http://www.usps.com/rates/extra-services-rates.htm#H3

will proide a photo to verify first and remove to pack when your check is cleared. (or if I can use COD, you can just pay me 10 buck first).
Or you can go a local jank yard, maybe about the same cost overall.
Thanks
Jimmy

skyrunner
03-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Steve,
Not sure if it's practical,
Est, From Burlington, North Caroliner to IA, per Post office rate
freight)13+pack)3+Labor&material)25=total41.
with tracking/insurance/COD extra per USPS -
http://www.usps.com/rates/extra-services-rates.htm#H3

will proide a photo to verify first and remove to pack when your check is cleared. (or if I can use COD, you can just pay me 10 buck first).
Or you can go a local jank yard, maybe about the same cost overall.
Thanks
Jimmy

Hey Jimmy,

I finally got off of my ass and called some junkyards around here today and no one will be willing to sell me just a single cam. It will cost $285 from the dealership for a new one and I am not willing to sink that much money into this car. If you are still willing, I would like to buy this from you. I can paypal you right away, or I can send you a check. Let me know what works best for you. Thanks,

Steve

jimmy-Hands-on
03-07-2007, 09:08 PM
Yes, I will help you on this.
you can mail a check for the amount I mentioned. I will take some pictures this Saterday and send to your personal e-mail address for verification. After your confirmation, I will remove it ASAP and mail to you.
Please be advised: Before I start to take it out, $ is refundable. Once I deliver to post office, No refund, no hussles. Deal?
Just wonder, how are you sure your problem is in the cam shaft? Take a look at your work-in-process, It will cost more $ and time to go all over for any little things.
Once I send it to post office, will send you a copy of the PO receipt.
we will exchange sddresses.

skyrunner
03-08-2007, 11:25 AM
Yes, I will help you on this.
you can mail a check for the amount I mentioned. I will take some pictures this Saterday and send to your personal e-mail address for verification. After your confirmation, I will remove it ASAP and mail to you.
Please be advised: Before I start to take it out, $ is refundable. Once I deliver to post office, No refund, no hussles. Deal?
Just wonder, how are you sure your problem is in the cam shaft? Take a look at your work-in-process, It will cost more $ and time to go all over for any little things.
Once I send it to post office, will send you a copy of the PO receipt.
we will exchange sddresses.

The cam shaft was not the problem actually. When we took off the head, we noticed the car was out of time because the timing chain had broken one tooth on the exhaust cam shaft, and 8 on the idler chain. Amazingly, the valves were not bent. We replaced the timing components and were starting to put the exhaust cam back in place when it cracked in half. Surprisingly the caps were fine. I think the shaft must have been weakened by whatever broke the teeth on the timing gears. I am not 100% hopeful that the car will run perfectly after putting it back together, but for $41 I figure it is worth a shot.

PM me with your address or just send it in the email with the pics: sgdavis1@gmail.com

I will try to mail the check tomorrow if you get pics to me tonight.

Thanks,
Steve

jimmy-Hands-on
03-09-2007, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the info. I imaged it's critical to take of parts off the head related area.

I will take photos for your verification tomorrow.

jimmy-Hands-on
03-16-2007, 06:08 PM
Post office tracking feedback indicates it was delivered to your address.
Hope to hear it's roaring soon.

Add your comment to this topic!