Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

If it isnt one thing its another

nofear39427
11-30-2006, 10:32 PM
So I finally got my caty gutted out and my car started to run a heck of alot better,and louder I might add.But I still notice that when I go to start it up after a period of the car sitting without being driven.It spits,spudders,floods(floods while driving it also):disappoin and sometimes dies.Does any one have any idea what it could be?I heard it may be the o2 sensor but I dont know.
It gets so damn aggrivating and its only a 1.8...next year I am going to find a highschool or college kid to sell it too or something.Thats if its still running.:banghead: The next dsm I even touch will be a 2nd gen awd turboed 5 speed Talon or Eclipse,but that will be later on down the road....Ok sorry for freaking out I just needed to vamp.:frown:

Thor06
11-30-2006, 10:56 PM
Problem Diagnosis....

Yeah man, sounds to me like its your 02 sensor. They are cheap enough, do it and see if it does the trick for ya.

nofear39427
12-01-2006, 09:21 AM
Once I install it do I need to unplug my battery for 24 hours so it can reset or what?

Mikelb
12-01-2006, 09:26 AM
no, just disconnect the battery before replacing it (always a smart practice before doing any work)... and it only takes like 15 seconds for the computer to lose memory... Then do the O2 swap and plug it back in...

nofear39427
12-01-2006, 10:20 PM
Thanks for your help you guys.I have another o2 sensor on my junk Talon.I will try it out and see whats gonna happen.

Burnerdominator
12-02-2006, 02:30 AM
A very good idea to unhook the battery or be stupid like me and lay metal buttons across the top with a jacket attached to them and you in the jacket and feel this numbing sensation run through and think to yourself 'Wow i almost got cooked.' But yeah i agree O2 sensor.

nofear39427
12-09-2006, 08:13 AM
I decided I would update this thread,because well it tore up again.
I was driving down the road going to work doing about 70 when all of the sudden it start boiling smoke out from under the hood.So I pull over at a gas station and get out to see WTF has broken now.I look under the car and its dumping tranny fluid everywhere.So here I am 15 miles from home OH YEAH did I mention I left my cell phone laying by the bed??I couldnt get a hold of anyone to come help me with the damn thing,so I ended up pouring all my tranny fluid in it and getting back on the road.I know it was stupid but I was late for work and no one would answer their phones.I finally got to my Dads and about that time the tranny leaked all the fluid out again and my car stopped pulling.Come to find out my torque convertor seal blew out.so thats not too bad.It may have to be resleeved if I messed it up too bad or possibly replaced.So now I am driving my brothers Subura station wagon she is a beast with that wopping 86 horses(I wanna do a 5 speed swap....is it a pain for a fwd 94 eclipse 1.8?

gthompson97
12-10-2006, 02:32 PM
Not worth it to do any type of mods to that car.

Add your comment to this topic!