Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Really need some help on this one!!

1992eclipseGS
10-29-2006, 03:42 PM
I just went to start my Eclipse for the first time in about a week. It won't turn over at all. So I figured the battery might be gone. I have the battery tested at autozone. Turns out the battery is fine. So I put the battery back in, Still won't turn over. So, I'm thinking it could be the alternator?? Well, even if it was the alternator, The car would atleast start?? Am I right? So, could be the starter or the ignition?? Every thang in the car works fine. But then when I turn the key, every thang dies out (radio, dash lights, ect..) as if the battery is dead.. Anyone have any ideas???

Thanks

mike8818
10-29-2006, 03:54 PM
My car did that when i first got it fixed it turned out that it was the fuesable link, Try putting jumpercables on the alternator (the nut) to the positive side of the battery. Also check the grounds for the motor place jumpercambes form anywhere on the block to the frame. I could be other stuff but nothing that i know of. The cables form the anternator to the battery fixed mine. Also check the fuses under the hood.

gthompson97
10-29-2006, 04:43 PM
Why don't you just test a different battery from another car? Make sure the cables are all tight. I'm betting it's a battery related problem.

1992eclipseGS
10-29-2006, 05:35 PM
Why don't you just test a different battery from another car? Make sure the cables are all tight. I'm betting it's a battery related problem.

^^^^Bingo!!, Right after I made this thread, I had my girlfriend jump start my car. Started up fine, Odd I say to myself. Well.. I drive around a bit, car runs no problem.. get back home, turn it off, doesn't start again. So i'm seriously thinking battery issue. So I take the battery from the eclipse to my truck, do a little switch-a-roo, and what happens?? Eclipse starts fine, truck doesn't. Battery issue it is. What a fucking waste of a day over something so simple. I been working on this for over 6 hours. Autozone said thr battery was fine. Well thanks to everyone who took the time to help me out on this.

Add your comment to this topic!