Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2007 Sentra

ProZach626
10-27-2006, 11:50 PM
What do you guys think of the new sentra? I think it looks like crap personally. That's just me

xbrandonx
10-28-2006, 09:52 AM
the 02-03 was pretty aggressive, expecially in the front end. 04-06 lost alot of that aggressiveness. The 07 isn't geared twords the sports market at all and seems like it was designed by little old ladies.

Chiquae07
10-28-2006, 10:41 AM
looks like a echo from the side. the sentra is known to be a great economy car. its going to take a lot of time to change that from people's minds, as they are basically making it into an altima it seems, and taking out the 4cyclinder altima as well.

fugiot
10-28-2006, 06:31 PM
I like it. It's nice and new looking. And I can definitely see the potential in the body shape. It could easily look very aggresive in an SE-R version.

Example:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/fugiot/6b_4.jpg
VS
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/fugiot/0b_12.jpg

in4am0spun
10-29-2006, 07:44 PM
I say the new version sucks, and to top that off its not available in an ser version... so wtf is the point of the new sentra... I say som1 find out if the sr20 engine could bolt up to the 6 spd mr20 tranny =))

that'll be fuckin great

fugiot
10-30-2006, 01:14 AM
The SE-R version will come. The B15 went 2 years without one.

MiXdNuTs
10-30-2006, 02:41 PM
I like them better than my 94 GXE, but then again I am using it as a learner to teach myself repairs so it would kinda defeat the purpose :p

ProZach626
10-31-2006, 03:54 PM
Don't get me wrong... I don't think this car should be bashed. No doubt the car probably drives smooth and I'm sure the SeR is going to pack some punch under the hood. This car looks great for a COMMUTER... I really hope a spec v model comes out eventually or something equivalent. However, I think the car is very bland looking as far as any kind of performance vehicle goes, but I guess that's okay at this point since it's not. I'm shallow and appearence is a big thing for me. Every consumer report I read on the old SeR and Spec V's said the same thing: Nice car, but it doesn't look aggressive enough. Now the 02-03 specs looked aggressive, in my opinion, but it didn't slam you in the face like some other cars (ie: new toyota celica models). It was cool and classy. STILL the consumers complained... so what did Nissan do in 04-06? They pretty much made the front end as aggressive as a freaking cavalier. :banghead:
Well wtf now... new 07 car, same bland style. I really hope they do something with the SeR version. I agree with fugiot, I can see where it could have some potential. I'm just concerned that as before, Nissan won't take the SeR version in the right direction as far as the body style goes. Oh well.. I guess I would rather have it too subtle looking than too "In your face" looking. :shakehead

fugiot
10-31-2006, 05:50 PM
You know, it's really not that bad looking.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/fugiot/gal_06_lrg.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/fugiot/gal_12_lrg.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/fugiot/gal_09_lrg.jpg

Chiquae07
10-31-2006, 11:16 PM
it almost reselbles the ford fusion and mercury milan or w/e.

fusion front
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/2381000-2381999/2381744_6_full.jpg

fusion rear
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/2381000-2381999/2381744_7_full.jpg

now, if there was a way to replace those altezza lights, as that was the trend in early 2000, not so much now though as people see 'altezza's as rice if they dont look right. the real difference i see in those 2 is that ford decided to do the chrome look and have both the grille and the air inlet vent in the front bumper full chrome. nissan opt'd for a plastic black grille outlined in chrome, and the air inlet vent in the bumper painted to match the car. also the fog lights could be basically the same, yet the nissan seems to have 'filled in' the un-nesessary glass from the fuzion with aluminim incert or black plastic.

the new look of the sentra is starting to grow on me, but i have yet to see one in person, so i have no idea yet. its kinda like the new wrx's, i diddnt like the look of them in pics, but now that i have seen them in perosn, they actually look really good imo.

fugiot
11-01-2006, 11:36 AM
Altezzas look fine as long as they're from the factory. Aftermarkets look cheap and broken.

ProZach626
11-03-2006, 03:58 PM
[QUOTE=fugiot]You know, it's really not that bad looking.

I agree it looks nice, but it also looks about as aggressive as a VW Jetta.. (imo) It's just not my style.

nismo_pilot
11-11-2006, 05:23 PM
its rumored that the se-r will be a mr20det........

ProZach626
01-25-2007, 09:00 PM
So I saw one in person today for the first time. I have to say all of my optimism flew out the window in vomit form. I'm sorry, but in my opinion, these things are a fucking joke and I'm pissed. I don't care if they ran 10 seconds in the quarter mile and out handled a lambo, these things look TERRIBLE. Sure, fugiots pictures above looked good, I'll admit it, but the sideview of this car reviels something disgusting. It's WAY too tall looking. It looks like it's trying to be a hatch back, but stopped half way. The wheel wells are tiny and it looks terrible on their large side profile. I hate these things, guys... I really do. Thank God for infinity, because these last four years for nissan, cosmetically speaking, have been terrible! (IMO) If it weren't for the Z, I would go crazy. I'd rather drive a fucking cavalier....
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

nismo_pilot
01-25-2007, 09:05 PM
id rather get socked in the nuts

Chiquae07
01-26-2007, 12:30 AM
they just look like wierd looking maximas. they are decent yes, but when i see one, they just blend in with the rest of the cars, doesn't really 'stand out' if you know what i mean.

ProZach626
01-26-2007, 03:25 PM
they just look like wierd looking maximas. they are decent yes, but when i see one, they just blend in with the rest of the cars, doesn't really 'stand out' if you know what i mean.
Exactly! That's why It took me so long to finally see one. I'm sure I have been driving side by side with them since they came out, but they didn't catch my eye at all.

teh_gage
03-26-2007, 05:03 PM
I'm not a big fan of the new one
It looks to laid back and old personish
IMO

slideways...
04-06-2007, 08:04 PM
it looks fine. all b15s look ugly as fuck anyways, this is just a little more boring. shit since when have sentras actually looked good? never. but if it hauls ass ill be happy. but someone tell nissan its time to lose the minivan rear suspension.

fugiot
04-06-2007, 08:08 PM
B13 SE-Rs looked good and so did the '99 SE-L.

ProZach626
07-16-2007, 04:16 PM
it looks fine. all b15s look ugly as fuck anyways, this is just a little more boring. shit since when have sentras actually looked good? never. but if it hauls ass ill be happy. but someone tell nissan its time to lose the minivan rear suspension.

I've seen some pretty good looking b15's. Not to sound vain, but I think I have a pretty good looking b15 in my driveway. I get compliments almost everyday from all ages and classes.

(2 year old pic on my sig.. it's much different now)

JudoJohn
09-01-2007, 12:00 PM
I've seen some pretty good looking b15's. Not to sound vain, but I think I have a pretty good looking b15 in my driveway. I get compliments almost everyday from all ages and classes.

(2 year old pic on my sig.. it's much different now)

I like the look of the B15. it looks like a smaller version of the original Altima. what i like about it is that it is somewhat rounded. i hate the squared-off boxy look that all manufacturers went to. on that note, i have always liked the look of the pathfinder, but when they made it boxier, it looks like someone tried to put armor on it. don't care for the trend.

slideways...
09-01-2007, 05:09 PM
nah every sentra is inherently ugly. there are ways to improve the styling a little bit, and the b13 can be made to look pretty cool but thats only because having a sentra as a first ever car makes me a bit subjective.

JudoJohn
09-01-2007, 09:15 PM
dude, i have owned a pre-Sentra (Datsun B210) good car. 1st Sentra- '83 XE coupe. nice styling, sporty, if a little "economy" looking. next generation ('87) GXE. great car, great sedan styling, comfort great. unfortunately, someone rear-ended the car and insurance totaled it:frown: we bought a '90 or '91 XE 2 door. good car mechanically, started to rust a bit under the rockers. traded that for a '99 Altima. i bought an '02 in '02, my wife traded her Altima for an '03 Sentra GXE.

Styling is much better than the boxier new sedans. IMHO.

06chill
09-09-2007, 10:48 PM
at work we call it the minima cuz its like the maxima went into the cruncher

Add your comment to this topic!