Help!!!! 2001 Impala! Message Center!!!

mizzchiquita1
10-25-2006, 08:39 PM
I just bought a 2001 Impala LS, couple questions...... in the messsage center it says tire pressure low I checked my tires and they are all at 44 psi, like they should be, why does this still show on there? and then my car does not have an alarm, and on the message screen it says SECURITY, is that the reason why it says security cause it does'nt have an alarm? Oh and one more thing on my rear view mirror it has OnStar, and the first little button that looks like this (l) <--------- what is that for!!?? Well this is all for now and hope someone can help me! Oh 1 more question, is there an on-line manuals for this car? ok that's it Thanx!

57chevyragtop
10-26-2006, 06:24 AM
whoa! Are you sure about that air pressure? way too high should be 30-35 psi that might be why you get the message...double check that pressure when tires are cold (before driving, which warms them pretty quickly and causes pressure increase) As for the OnStar button I think that lights up green when system is on, it's a subscriber service around 18 bucks a month, I don't use it so you may get a better answer from others. Onstar subscription info 1-888-864-2801, 8AM-6PM EST. If you mean user/owner manual I don't know of any online but might check Ebay or other auction line.

tractorboy
10-26-2006, 08:23 AM
way too high should be 30-35 psi Doesn't it depend on the tires that are on the car and shouldn't they be inflatted to what is on the sidewall ?
You more than likely have to reset the tire pressure monitor. Did you look in the O. manual , sounds like you have the DIC driver info console. I have to reset my tire pressure through the RDS radio. When ever I rotate or new tire it will set off my tire pressure warning on the Info display till I make sure they are at the correct level then I reset.

57chevyragtop
10-27-2006, 07:50 AM
Doesn't it depend on the tires that are on the car and shouldn't they be inflatted to what is on the sidewall ?
You more than likely have to reset the tire pressure monitor. Did you look in the O. manual , sounds like you have the DIC driver info console. I have to reset my tire pressure through the RDS radio. When ever I rotate or new tire it will set off my tire pressure warning on the Info display till I make sure they are at the correct level then I reset.
No, the tire sidewall is a max pressure rating for that tire. The proper pressure is located on the inside trunk lid for that vehicle. This is listed on the Impala at 30 psi for both front and rear for 225x60x16 tires and 60psi for the spare....I run mine at 34 for mileage improvement. The ride is a bit firmer but reasonable. 30 psi is set for best tire wear/treadlife by factory according to vehicle weight. I do not have driver info center and cannot comment to the tire pressure readings or how it works. Plus I don't think thread poster has the owners manual if I understood her post correctly.

mizzchiquita1
10-27-2006, 10:11 AM
Oh! Thanx!!! I am going to check on the tire pressure and I will check them now in the morning! Thanx! You people are a big help!

adamace1
10-27-2006, 12:37 PM
I have never seen a thing in the trunk for the correct tire pressure. It is always on the inside of the drivers door!!!! It has been there on all four of the gm cars and trucks i have bought. Look there. And the correct tire psi is 30. i use 32 but i wouldn't go higher. Set all of your tires to 30 and then you have to reset the tire pressure thingy. then it should be fine.

mizzchiquita1
10-27-2006, 08:42 PM
Oh ok!!!! Now I am having problems resetting the low tire pressure thing from the message center! I dont have the radio so i have tried the other method with the key and pulling the light thing all in 5 seconds and i cant reset it! Help!

troy1
10-28-2006, 10:22 PM
It depends on the tire mine on my GP and Impala are both rated from the tire manufacturer for 44psi You pull the light switch to the fist click so your parking light are on 3 times. It will work

Add your comment to this topic!