Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Thinking about buying a legend

93CivicSiD16HB
10-13-2006, 10:06 PM
Is the 91' legend a decent enough car, im not going to make it a street machine, but is it reliable, and/or easy to maintain? Like are there any known problems that commonly occur with them?

93CivicSiD16HB
10-14-2006, 08:59 AM
Well ive looked at it and the weird thing is it has a switch on the inside directly wired to the battery, pos and neg sides both, and it doesnt go to anything else, any idea what that might be??

Sandbar5
12-04-2006, 01:13 PM
Is the 91' legend a decent enough car, im not going to make it a street machine, but is it reliable, and/or easy to maintain? Like are there any known problems that commonly occur with them?
Should be fairly reliable, has 3.2 liter V-6 200 hp engine but will need radiator, timing belt, brake calipers, and the usual maintenence items. Look for exterior rust around rear wheel wells which is common and not cheap to repair. Your switch was likely an add-on that might have been wired to fog lights or some other after market devise - I'd just disconnect it at the battery - If you disconnect battery, make sure you have the radio code! Good luck!

nmikmik
01-22-2007, 01:56 PM
I am looking to by 91 Legend too, but this one has an overheating problem :screwy: . I know it could be sometimes a simple fix or a lot of $$$$$$$
Is there any way I check the codes on this car? I think it's OBD I instead of OBD II that's on the vehicles 96 and up. If not OBD I, what else can I check to make sure that vehicle is woth spending money on?
Thanks,

Add your comment to this topic!