Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Hello - Legacy B4 Anyone??!!

SClass
08-29-2002, 08:15 AM
Has anyone seen this week's AutoWeek magazine?

Their Headliner concerns the fact that Subaru execs are pretty certain that the US will get a TT Legacy model in 2004. They also state that the STi Impreza is coming in 2003 w/261 hp.

I'm at work and don't have the magazine with me, but the article states that the Legacy engine should have 255 hp and be good for 6.5 0-60.

This new model will correspond with a Legacy redesign for the 2005 MY.

The bad part of this? For me anyway, I'm on my second Legacy. Actually, both have been the wife's cars (a 1999 Legacy GT - my pick, and now a 2002 Outback - her pick, I agreed, and no, not a H6). Although I believe they are well designed and reliable, it's hard to picture them being an ideal performance sedan. I never got comfortable driving either one - probably just a personal fit issue - but important nonetheless.

But, before I really pass judgement, it would be interesting to see what the US B4 (or maybe a full blown RSK or Blitzen) would be like. Sometimes some mild tweaks, new seats, a slight repositioning of the shifter, etc, can make all the diff in the world.

Needless to say, I think the power levels will be more than enough! Won't touch my modded S4, but hey, this would still be "the wife's car", remember!

hondaman-iac
02-16-2003, 01:24 AM
yeah i heard about it. sometimes in the summer it will come. sweet car :cool:

JimBee
03-03-2003, 03:25 PM
I am a new member on here so hi to you all. i own a 1999 RSK B4 Legacy tt tiptronic and love it to death. the manual version has 205kws, but being auto mine is190kws. 0-60 in 6.8 secs with just a slight turbo lag . these were made for the "older" guys who want the same get up and go as a wrx but more refined and better handling. its 12.00 noon here at the moment.

91EF3ZC
03-07-2003, 05:01 AM
My wife has a 2000 Legacy GT sedan, I love it. The only complaint I have is the Hight of the driver's seat. after driving for a while my leg starts to ache. Other than that It is a really nice car.

zrl
06-29-2003, 02:07 AM
check this out. the B4
http://www.subaru.co.jp/legacy/bt/index_f.html

Add your comment to this topic!