Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1993 Rodeo Transmission Check Light Fashing

hambone35
08-28-2006, 02:25 AM
:banghead: When you first start it, you can drive it for five miles or so and it drives fine. Then the check tranny light comes on and it goes into limp mode. When I turn it off and restart it, the light will stay off as long as you put it in reverse, low 1 or 2. The other two gears feel like it is in winter mode. I have looked at other posts but cant figure it out. I have replaced the alternator with another used one that was tested before installation. If there is anyone that could help me figure my problem out, I gladly accept the advice and thank you in advance.:crying:
Hammy

Ramblin Fever
08-28-2006, 09:44 AM
When was your last transmission service? How many miles? Have you checked your transmission fluid level?

2000izusu
08-28-2006, 12:07 PM
is the alternator putting out more than 14.0 volts?

surferfletch
08-28-2006, 05:48 PM
New OEM alternators are your best bet. I have only heard of one instance of someone putting in a remanufactured alt and having it work.

trooperbc
08-29-2006, 04:31 PM
New OEM alternators are your best bet. I have only heard of one instance of someone putting in a remanufactured alt and having it work.

now you've heard of 2. . .or. . .3:

my first choice: rebuilt by bosch. no problems. good, but not cheap, price.

actually no problems either from the rebuilt sold by the dealer -- except power steering fluid messed it up. also good, but not cheap by a long shot, price.

surferfletch
08-29-2006, 05:28 PM
Ok!

Add your comment to this topic!