Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2005 3.5L Front Passenger Turn signal out

sfogle
08-27-2006, 09:46 PM
I recently had my passenger side turn signal go out. I replaced the light bulb put that did not solve the problem. The rear passenger side works but the front doesn't works. I do not beleive that thier is a fuse that isulates just the front passenger.

Any Ideas?

wpbharry
08-28-2006, 06:50 AM
'04 and '05 Malibus all have troubles with front parking lights. Apparently, this is some sort of a design flaw, related to the use of those lights as the DRLs. Design was changed on the '06s - they use low beam headlights as DRLs.

This is widely reported - take the car to the dealer for repair. I think the entire socket needs to be replaced. Should be no charge.

My '04 Maxx must be the only one that hasn't had this particular problem yet. I'm eerily suspicious....

porrsher
08-28-2006, 08:54 AM
Mine does the same thing, as noted earlier it seems to be a problem with DRL use. I find that in order for me to get the thing to work I have to turn the signal on (the affected one), turn the ignition on, if it does the rapid flashing I turn the ignition off and back on and it fixes it self at least for that time the vehicle is on. Until the lights come on at dusk then I am back to the rapid flashing.

Anoying at the very least...

e2helper
08-28-2006, 09:13 PM
Dealers have a TSB on this. #06-08-42-004B

Add your comment to this topic!