Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

car dies

OMUSTANG88
08-21-2006, 02:28 AM
i recently bought a 2002 zx2 5 speed 2.0L 59k when im driving and i push the clutch in to stop the car dies on almost every time with or without the ac and i can start i right up dose any one what might cause this to happen

Johnny Mullet
08-23-2006, 10:24 PM
Will it stay running with the gas slightly depressed? Sounds like you need a new IAC valve or at least attemp to clean it.

OMUSTANG88
08-24-2006, 01:57 AM
it dies as soon as i push the clutch in dont have time to push gas when it hapens the idel gose below 500 and then dies quick where is the iac located so i can check it with the gass depressed i can keep it running but about 75 precent of the time it dies instently

catlettdale
11-04-2006, 05:19 PM
i am having a few issues myslef , I bought the car a few days ago , its a 2001 zx2, well after I bought the car later that night a code popped up ( engine light ) so I go to get it checked also , i dont remeber the exact number but it was the system is to lean also- per bank 1 , so we ended up testing it further and it said there was a vaccum leak - by the way the only reason I even messed with the light was it was dying at stop ights and it also dies when i slow down.. only when i slow though, rpms could be at 3500 and then when I slow it just bottoms out and the thing is dead.. anyway so i changed the vacum theat goes to the pcv valve and leads around to the intake ... well when I came home the car dies like 4 different times when coming to a stop... i think a normal idle is what like a little over 1000 and mine doesnt idle there , i mean sometimes it does but most of the time not , so theres other issues also, wehn hitting high rpms this thing has a damn battery light that comes on and goes off several times in succesion ... so i changed the terminals where there was corriosion and guess what it still does it , changed that vacuum i mention , still dies , hmmm i also changed the plugs in it and pcv valve ... could this be that it needs an aternator , im sure it does even though it test fine , and could the dying be its a idle control module or maf sensor .. im sure it prolly a sensor issue but which one of the damn thigs lol ... i would appreciate if someone had any insite to this , also you can email me at catlettdale@yahoo i check that more often .. thanks

Add your comment to this topic!