Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

03 malibu a/c

usmailman956
08-06-2006, 06:36 PM
My 03 malibu has had the same problem since new. The a/c does not cool properly in my estimation. New control head twice in warranty. Repeatedly checked by dealer who says working to GM specs. All I can say GM needs to come where I live in 105 degree weather this summer and tell me it works right. Started with a sensor that leaked all r134a out. The a/c has been checked by our dealer at least 6 times all with the same result WORKING TO GM SPECS. Does anyone have any suggestions

rhandwor
09-08-2006, 09:37 PM
I had a problem with my air conditioning turning off on its own. The push button led light would flicker on and off. The A.C. cooled good then it would shut off. I changed the unit in the dash $187.00 for a new one from a dealer.
I also changed the 5 pronged relay in the electrical. center about $47.00.
There are two relays for the fans. One relay for the A.C. compressor and one relay for the system.
The fan for the A.C. has to run all the time the unit is operating. The other fan turns on and off when the engine temp. reaches a set point.
Open the hood and feel the large diameter hose where it connects to the filter dryer. This is a round aluminum canaster. On a hot day it should be cool to the touch and sweating water dripping off.
In traffic these units don't cool properly like the unit in my silverado rear wheel drive.

Add your comment to this topic!