Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Problem with Trunk Lip Opener and Panic Siren.

kaimanson
07-29-2006, 12:00 PM
When I try to open the trunk by pushing the button on the keyfod it doesn't do anything, also the Panic button doesn't work. I have tried both keyfod, check the fuse N.6. with not solution. Anyone with the same problem? with the right answer?.

thank you guys
have a great day!

nismo_pilot
07-30-2006, 03:28 PM
crack it open and replace the battery inside? should be duracell batt number 2056 or something like that

kaimanson
07-31-2006, 10:15 AM
crack it open and replace the battery inside? should be duracell batt number 2056 or something like that
Battery is brand new :-(

slideways...
07-31-2006, 03:11 PM
go to a dealer and ask if they have any spare keyfobs they can temporarily program to your car to see if thats the problem. otherwise the solenoid could be out in your trunk or something...but if the lock/unlock buttons work still id bet its a bad keyfob. im pretty sure that the trunk pop solenoid has nothing to do with the panic alarm/ignition kill.

kaimanson
07-31-2006, 08:47 PM
Yeah i'm gonna have to try that, the thing is that I've already tried both of my keyfobs without any good result. lol On the service manual says something about the Smart Control Unit, I gotta check it better. And what do you think is the problem on the Panic/alarm ignition kill?

I might to the dealer this week to see if they have a spare keyfod.

Thanks bro!

slideways...
07-31-2006, 09:08 PM
smart control unit may be what recieves the signal from the keyfob, im not sure. that could be it also...ask the dealer for details on that.

Chiquae07
08-01-2006, 05:44 PM
make sure u press down on it hard enough and in the middle of the button.....that sometimes was teh prob for me. sometimes the keyless gets on my nerves, but tahts cuz i think i need a new battery. it'll do fine when its rather cool out, but go over 80 degrees, and it'll get on your nerves. it wont kill ya to use the key sometimes, yet id rather look really stupid since the damn thing wasnt working until like 30 seconds later or so.

kaimanson
08-18-2006, 09:30 AM
Finally I found out what the problem was! listen everyone, this is the solution for our keyless problems. lol....U will only need a contact circuit cleaner that u can get at discount auto parts. A green stuff is created by the years around the buttons inside the keyfod, spry some of the circuit cleaner directly to the green stuff..which is usually around the trunk opener and the panic button. Also in some cases for example I had to put a small piece of paper between the grey plasti cover and the Trunk Lip Opener button to apply more pressure to the button. If anything please let me know.

Add your comment to this topic!