Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Pre 98 bumper swap

hallboy
07-25-2006, 03:25 PM
I am the kind of person that loves to have something just a little different. If your with me then maybe you can help. I just bought a 97 Passport 4X4. It is a great truck so far. It drives great but needs the classic paint on the hood and roof. I am wanting to make some small changes to the body before I have it painted. I really want to beef up the bumpers. i concidered changing them to chrome which would be easy and fairly cheap. I want to know if anyone has done or concidered upgrading to the 98 front bumper. I haven't had the opportunity to look into the details of what changes where made but it looks like it could fit.
The lights are different along with minor changes to the grill but the overall looks about the same.
Any imput on this one
I am also looking at a set of chrome fender vents like on some of the newer escalades and such. I found some that are a little smaller that could fit nicely without being guady.
Any ideas welcome

lifelongslacker
07-27-2006, 10:24 PM
I take my rodeo off road alot, and the stock bumpers are no more than folded tin. Calmini makes a great one that I dont have yet ($$$). www.pureisuzu.com

hallboy
07-29-2006, 10:43 AM
Thanks for that info. This passort is really for my wife. I love to play with the toys but it will end up here daily driver. I want to add some more power adn clean it up so it is a little nicer than the average.
I was really looking to put the 98 bumper on the front because it looks alot better. I am about to have the truck painted so I wanted to get things done before hand.
I like the intake on that site though.
Thanks again.

Add your comment to this topic!