Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

clutch problem

mirage4130
06-24-2006, 07:20 AM
i was driving home last night, everything was running fine, and i came up to a stop light, so i pushed my clutch in, and i heard pop. i tried to accelerate, and it wouldnt go, my engine was jsut reving ,and i was barely moving. my transmission is fine, it can cycle through the gears, but the clutch now feels spongy, and i can put it in 1st while not moving, take my foot off the clutch, and it wont even turn off. the clutch is slipping really bad im guessing, but im not sure what it is, if someone could help, much appreciated. thanks

1999 mirage

DFBonnett
06-24-2006, 04:46 PM
Have you checked the fluid level in the clutch master cylinder ? The line may have failed leaving you with no hydraulic pressure to the clutch release cylinder.

carbon mirage
07-04-2006, 01:17 PM
Nah,sounds like its internal.I'd say your pressure plate failed or something. If your fluid was low your peddle would fall to the floor and you couldn't get it into gear and when you did it would have went forward,but yours is not moving when in gear which implys that your clutch has failed. It is slipping on the disc. That pop my have been your clutch disc seperating at the spline hub
or throwout bearing failure? Hope this helps! Jacob

Add your comment to this topic!