Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

road noise

geodone
05-27-2006, 06:41 PM
I have a 98 cavalier z24 that makes a humming noise while driving down the road. It seems like the noise is there at all speeds but gets louder with speed. If you turn the steering wheel to the right the noise stops. I hit a telephone pole on the right side and it made this noise since. I have replaced the right side axle and hub. Anyone have any other ideas. Thanks in advance.

OverAllComa
05-28-2006, 07:23 AM
Telephone pole? Control Arms might be bent, Tie rods might be screwed up, might've bent the frame. Who knows, could be lots of stuff.

geodone
05-28-2006, 02:51 PM
I didnt hit the pole that hard to bend the frame, but I did take it to have it aligned afterward and they told me the alignment was pretty far off. Is there any way to check the tie rod and control arm. I already have $150 and several hours of labor into this without any improvement.

94VL
05-28-2006, 06:28 PM
Bent control arm,bent subframe rail,or tweaked strut tower.Your tires arent tracking correctly,and I bet that noise is the tread of the tires being dragged across the pavement.Betcha lots of tire wear....

Add your comment to this topic!