Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Air Compressor

Phil0968
05-03-2006, 01:20 AM
Alright people I have 93 J30 with 165k miles on it. I need to replace the air compressor any detailed instructions on how i might be able to do that.

Underground_Killah
05-09-2006, 06:59 AM
well having mine replaced recently you need to buy a brand new drier as well (i got mine for like 40 bucks from a friend whom runs a car parts place) but everywhere else is like 100+.
when it comes to installation, you'll need about 4 cans of r145a as well as a 4oz can of oil for the compressor (advance auto parts my friend)
as to the actual install, i had my mechanic do it (it was a bit out of my league as when it comes to car repairs)

sparkeykev
07-24-2006, 02:57 AM
first you need to degas the system if it has any gas in it it is illegal to dump the gas to atmosphere
fanbelt needs to be removed then the 2 ac hoses
there are 4 long bolts that hold the compressor onto the engine remove theese the compressor will come away
installation is reverse of above replace 2 small "o" rings at the hoses also replace the received drier with the 2 "o" rings there too
Vacuume down the system to 30 in hg for at least a couple of hours then regas with the oil and gas as in the previous post

Add your comment to this topic!