Page updated on 01-23-2018

1997 Drivers Side Window Motor

Holaday1185
03-14-2006, 11:41 PM
Hey All,
Ever since buying my 1997 Buick Park Avenue, the drivers side front window has always gone up very slowly. Just last night I was putting up my window before coming inside and i had it all the way up and it started making this cranking noise. I then put the window down where is stopped half way and made the same cranking noise. I then decided to help the window up and down while pushing the switch. Well, the motor cranked once again when the window was all the way up. Problem is, the window does not go down at all now. I am thinking that the motor is shot. Any way to tell for sure? If it is shot, how much does a replacement cost? Is it easy to install myself? Thanks for all the help.

David

Holaday1185
03-21-2006, 05:58 PM
Little Update: I worked again just the other day, but it still made all that niose. It hasn't been working for a couple of days now so I think the motor is shot. Please help...

HotZ28
03-21-2006, 06:20 PM
http://www.automotiveforums.com (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=403550&highlight=window+regulator)

mastertinker
06-11-2006, 06:17 PM
I have a similar problem with my '98 Ultra. I was told by the dealer that it was the window regulator which they did not have in stock. Since this is the Boss's car (aka Wife), I had to remedy the problem yesterday! I also have a broken outside handle, that failed inspection. I did go to Google search and found alot of dealers and supply houses that claimed they had the part. I found the whole assembly on Ebay for $65.00. Just arrived yesterday. My outside door handle is coming Tuesday.I suggest that you check out EVERYTHING in the door to make sure ALL is operating properly. I was told that to remove the glass to replace the regulator, which is held in by plastic clips that will probably break on the glass removal. You will need new ones, so have them first before you start. I also received alot of info from ALLDATADIY.com, which is a subscription service, $29.95 for the first car and $14.95 for each additonal car. I wish you luck on your D-I-Y repair. My dealer wants $750.00 for this repair!! :disappoin

Add your comment to this topic!