Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Header Help

BostiPB
03-08-2006, 04:34 PM
Hey,
I have a 2001 Cavalier 2.2 with a Pacesetter Header on. Ever since i installed it i Have had a problem/error code about the front O2 sensor having a slow response time. Any help would be great

Thanks
Paul

04_CaV!!
03-08-2006, 06:31 PM
look here:
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=531385

BostiPB
03-09-2006, 06:55 AM
I was looking at the instructions and was wondering if you could help me out...Do you need to tap the end that you bore out so it has the threads in it. I just saw nothing about it and wanted to know before i attempted anything here. Also thanks for the prompt reply. Any help would greatly be accepted.

Thanks for all your help,

Paul

04_CaV!!
03-09-2006, 06:30 PM
What you need is a spark plug antifouler. 18mm. You can get them at AutoZone, PepBoys. Most parts stores. 2 come in a package. You need 2 so just one package. They are about $3. You take one of them and drill it out with a 1/2 drill bit. The other one you leave alone. The one you drilled out your O2 sensor screws into it, and then it screws into the other one (the one you did not drill). now you screw the whole thing into your hole for the O2 sensor. Make sure you tighten it really good. You are done.

You only bore out the end of the fitting where the sensor needs to fit threw. You should have clearence and be able to leave the threads intack to screw in the new O2 sensor

BostiPB
03-09-2006, 08:08 PM
ohhhh. ok i got it now. LOL. Well thanks for the help man i will definitly need to try this out now. it a nice little project that will be done on sunday. Thanks for the help man

Paul

BostiPB
03-13-2006, 03:02 PM
Anyone Else got any ideas... i tried this and followed the directions but i still get codes. one about no activity and one about a circuit malfunction. I just replaced the O2 sensor so i dont think it is that.

BostiPB
04-14-2006, 08:43 AM
I finally fixed it. The no activity code for the Cavalier was becase i had an exaust leak right in the middle of the two.

The simulator for the O2 Sensor was what was givving me the other code about the Sensor Malfunction. I guess it wasnt getting a good enough of a ground because of it.

Anyway thanks for all the help

Paul

Add your comment to this topic!