Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

head light malfunction

adnmu5
02-28-2006, 12:21 AM
I have a 95 olds achieva,everything turns on parking lights ,high beams,turn signals but no low beams,can it be the switch,or is there a relay i can check,or circuit breaker,any help would be thankful.

95OldsHO
03-04-2006, 10:07 AM
Dunno if this will help you or not, but when I first got my 95 from the previous owner the low beams worked fine, a couple weeks after buying it one night I was on a empty long dark road and thought Id hit the high's to see a bit further up, I pulled on the lever and instead of high beams the lights went totally out, I slowed down right away and fumbled with the lever trying to get headlights again, after a few tries the highs came on with a pull of the lever but as I let go of the lever the lights went out again, I kept yanking on the lever and eventually got lighting again.

When I got a chance I pulled off the steering column covers and found that the one bolt on top of the column holding the lever assembly on was loose and was messing with the action of the lever when it was pulled on, take a look at yours could be the same problem.

adnmu5
03-07-2006, 11:17 PM
im checking that in the morning.thanks for your help

Add your comment to this topic!