Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

GM designers = fu(king retards

LTZ2FLIP4
01-09-2006, 11:11 PM
What kind of stupid pole smoker at GM designed the rear hatch on the Trailblazer? I walk out from work tonight and hit my unlock button and notice both my lic. plate bulbs are out. So I go home and park it in the garage and take my GFs Grand am to go pick up bulbs since the cops are horrible by our house.

I get there and start looking thru the bulb book, 2825 is the bulb number, they dont even carry it, every other GM vehicle takes 194. WTF. So Im pissed and go home to take the bulbs out to see if I can get a close match. I unscrew the covers and pull the left bulb out, although it came out pretty hard. I go to pull the right one out and it shatters. So now I have to take the interior panel off becuz I cant turn the socket to get it out to pick the glass shards out of it. So after opening the hatch halfway and popping off the paenl, its stuck by 1 pushpin up by the galss latch so I close the hatch and the POS glass wont open for some reason. I end up just ripping the shit out of the panel to get it out. So then the geniuses at GM decide to put the wiper motor infront of where the hole is for the bulb socket. Have to piss around for 10 minutes taking the motor off, fock that. Just like every other GM vehicle Ive worked on, have to take off 10 things just to get at 1 simple thing.

Schurkey
01-10-2006, 12:46 AM
How else are you going to keep the dealership service departments in business???

rrclyoung
03-12-2006, 04:51 AM
Same designers that have worked at ford and chrysler for years......

rodeo02
03-12-2006, 05:13 AM
Just went thru a similar ordeal with my 2001 ford windstar !@#$. Stripped out most of the carbon steel phillips head screws holding the clear covers on. Both lamps were melted pretty good into the lamp holders. Both shattered with very little force exerted on them. Wound up pulling the little pcs of glass out with needle nosed pliers & tweezers. One of the new lamps works intermittently. Those lamps take a beating with the slamming of the hatch. :banghead:

G/luck
Joel

Add your comment to this topic!