Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

discovery questions

dhm1510
01-02-2006, 08:37 PM
I just bought a 1996 Land Rover Discovery and I have question.

When driving on the freeway, it has a swerve or wobble. How can i fix this. It usually occurs at about 65-75 mph. any suggestions would be much obliged.

thanks, dan

m1lab
06-06-2006, 07:35 PM
I just bought a 1996 Land Rover Discovery and I have question.

When driving on the freeway, it has a swerve or wobble. How can i fix this. It usually occurs at about 65-75 mph. any suggestions would be much obliged.

thanks, dan
Hi this can be caused by one bad tyre or the universal joint,the rubber goes and the bolts twist and you get a bad vibration, normally its the rear that goes..There also was a batch of bad rims where the holes were off center, but should of been rectified by 1995

SySt3mR00t
07-06-2006, 09:46 AM
yes the rubber goes bad and causes a bad vibration. I was wondering that rubber is it called the rear driveshaft flex joint .. ? How hard is it to replace myself, and how much would it be if the dealer would do it ? THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS !

m1lab
07-08-2006, 08:30 AM
yes the rubber goes bad and causes a bad vibration. I was wondering that rubber is it called the rear driveshaft flex joint .. ? How hard is it to replace myself, and how much would it be if the dealer would do it ? THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS !

Hi,don't know exact name but it is a rubber mount universal joint that connects the tail shaft to the diff..Not to complex to do but fidgety.Most dealers will charge $95ph+..and will usually charge for two hours..But with the right four letter words you can do this in 25 minutes ..if you do your self, helps to have all wheels off the ground so you can turn the tail-shaft to get to the bolts..hope this helps:)

metro_56
08-04-2006, 02:43 PM
I noticed this too when i was test driving some disco I 98's... it was always pulling to right on all of them. scary and I would not recommend driving it like this, it makes you fill as if you are going to just drive right off the road WWWOOOWW.. mine doesn't do this thank goodness.. knock on wood...

Add your comment to this topic!