Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

87 integra shifter ???

crovax
12-31-2005, 11:59 PM
I have a friend that has an '87 Integra with a 5 speed. he let someone test drive it. a few days later he went back to his carand found a few things that seemed to go wrong after the test drive. the windshield wipers quit working, the instrument cluster no longer works, and most troubling... the shift lever moves quite a bit from left to right while in gear, and now when he puts it in reverse it goes into a forward gear. no matter where the lever is, there is no reverse. any help would be great.
jim

WReX
01-03-2006, 11:24 PM
did they take the car over night or something?

crovax
01-04-2006, 05:04 AM
no, there were two young guys that took it out for about half an hour then said they were going to their car to discuss it, then took off in a hurry. anyway... everything was free to fix. the dash was a fuse, the wipers needed some TLC in the linkage, they were a little rusty so WD40 helped out and the trans linkage was the fact that the roll pin that holds the linkage to the trans. had an 8-32 nut and bolt holding it together. we fixed everything with stuff we had in the garage and i bought it for $400 with 111,500 miles. now i need to find a book that shows the fuses cuz there is nothing on the inside of the fuse cover. maybe a Chiltons or an actual service manual from acura.

WReX
01-04-2006, 11:14 PM
sounds kind of shady but at least it didn't cost you anything

crovax
01-05-2006, 07:36 PM
yeah, everything was free. now i was going out to go to work and the bolt that mounts the torsion bar fell out now i need to find out the bolt size so i can get a new one. i'm just glad its only a $400 car and i still have my primary car to drive.

Add your comment to this topic!