Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 Mitsubishi Mirage Radio Lock

dclift2
12-07-2005, 06:00 PM
Alright, I had to replace the battery in my car and driving home the radio asked to a "CODE". Being impatient & frustrated I just started punching numbers not know after the 3rd time it would just lock and read "OFF". Now that I know what the code thing is all about, I cant get back to where it asks me for "CODE". I tried disconecting the battery, and reconnecting, but that didn't work. I know if I take it to the dealer I'll get bent over on the labor cost and if im going to pay that kind of money I could buy a new radio. There has to be a way to reset this thing. Can anybody help? Please.

DFBonnett
12-08-2005, 12:38 PM
Did you buy it new or used? Was the owners manual with it? There might be a red card in with the paperwork that has the code on it.
FWIW
YMMV

dclift2
12-09-2005, 01:22 PM
Did you buy it new or used? Was the owners manual with it? There might be a red card in with the paperwork that has the code on it.
FWIW
YMMV

I bought the car used but the getting the code is not the problem. The issue is that after I input the wrong code 3 times it now says "OFF" and wont go back to where I can Input the code. Although a friend of mine did say that some models will reset to that point after 24 hrs but I have yet to check that.

kcsurfer
12-12-2005, 01:04 PM
Alright, I had to replace the battery in my car and driving home the radio asked to a "CODE". Being impatient & frustrated I just started punching numbers not know after the 3rd time it would just lock and read "OFF". Now that I know what the code thing is all about, I cant get back to where it asks me for "CODE". I tried disconecting the battery, and reconnecting, but that didn't work. I know if I take it to the dealer I'll get bent over on the labor cost and if im going to pay that kind of money I could buy a new radio. There has to be a way to reset this thing. Can anybody help? Please.

Well, I had a similar problem and all you got to do is take the radio off by taking the casing off from the dash and all you'll need is a screwdriver to take 4 screws off and there will be a serial # on top of the CD player. Then you call your authorized Mitsubishi Dealership in you area (or anywhere in the US) and ask for the services department and tell them that you need the code. They will ask you for the serial # which you will have and then they will give you the 4 digit code. When you get that code, keep it handy as you will need it in the future whenever you change batteries or is dead.

Add your comment to this topic!