Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

90 nintry eight regency putting

drowningknot
12-02-2005, 02:35 PM
ive got a 1990 98 regency. Every now and then the engine like to putt. For instance if im stopped at a red light then I go ill hit the gas and there will be a delay until it fully kicks in...itll putt for a few seconds then it goes as it should. It really only likes to do it when im pulling out and a car is coming...the bastard. anyway also sometimes when i start it then put it in drive it'll just die on me. I tends to do that when i don't warm it up but it will do it occasionally it'll do it after letting it warm up. I was talking to this guy and he was tellin me it could be the fuel filter needing changed or a few other things. I can belive the fuel filter thing because after the I purchased the car I checked the air filter and it was damn near black and had a date on it of 1998 and it was 05. So if the air filter hadn't been changed in that long who knows if the fuel filter has been changed. Is changing the fuel filter an easy task?? i know basic stuff like changing oil, air filter, brakes spark plugs. So i should be able to do it. does anyone have any ideas on this? if the fuel filter is even the problem or anything. and if changing the fuel filter isnt to hard of a task some instructions...id imagine it would be a hell of a lot cheaper to do it myself.
thanx

maxwedge
12-02-2005, 06:42 PM
Go to autozone.com/repairinfo for maintenace procedures.

drowningknot
12-03-2005, 04:15 PM
thanx man.

drowningknot
12-03-2005, 04:20 PM
does anyone know what type of fuel filter is in a 1990 98 olds regency?

krazyken2
01-07-2006, 07:44 AM
I have the same car, and just changed mine! The filter is a metal cylinder, found along the side of your gas tank on the drivers side! Very easy to change, just a couple of hose clamps!

Good luck

KK

tri-power
01-10-2006, 10:50 PM
Here's a couple part numbers for the filter.

Wix- 33481
Fram-G3727
AC Delco-GF652

The hose clamp sounds like an aftermarket fix. The original filters were threaded into the fuel lines. GM did not use rubber hose because of the fuel pressure issue.

Add your comment to this topic!