Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1992 Sub-frame bushings concern

Cntrysthbst
11-26-2005, 04:31 AM
Ok - just got all the sub-frame bushings and can't wait to get started! :icon16: Both my manuals (Chilton/Hayes) says nothing on sub-frame bushings. I've done them on my other car so I'm somewhat firmilar with the process. Any tricks? What to watch fors? Concerns? Steps? in the process of replacing these bushings? Does the sub-frame need to be re-aligned, and/or checked, after I'm Done? These are 2 part bushings and I have a set of six, do they need greased lightly? Thanks

Cntrysthbst
11-27-2005, 04:50 AM
I came back to dust of my first reply! :iceslolan

Cntrysthbst
11-28-2005, 06:00 AM
Ok, got it done! If anyone ever needs help on how to replace them, just open a thread! It's pretty simple, and two hours later I took it for a test drive and I noticed a GREAT improvement in handling and control - and I haven't even replaced my struts yet! The two sets of bushings behind the front tires where just shot, especially the two where the ac water drips! Seems like they get alot of abuse from being right behind the front tires, with water and such. The dealer had them for $11.30 a piece and there are 12 total bushings, 6 upper and 6 lower just so ya know! :smokin:

HotZ28
11-28-2005, 08:25 PM
You probably changed your alignment somewhat, but just wait until you get the struts on before you have it aligned. If you do front & rear struts, do them all at the same time so you can get the four wheel alignment done (once)!

ParkerD
11-29-2005, 01:58 PM
Hi Cntrysthbst!

I am a P.A. driver from Germany,mine is a 1993.

Could you please provide a part number of this sub frame bushings?
Where did you bought it?
I tried to find it in several us online shops,but I can't find them.

Thank you !!

ParkerD / Heilbronn-Germany

regalfriend
12-01-2005, 07:28 PM
I never replaced bushings yet...Just curious....Were the bushings rubber(stock) the reason why i ask is that my friends have done bushings and have changed to Polyeurothane. I hear they are alot stiffer. Is there an advantage, or downfall?

Cntrysthbst
12-02-2005, 05:22 PM
Ok - Polyurethane bushings are good, but remember - more vibration, noise, and soforth, travels through the bushings to the car, and it will ride alittle ruff! Best bet, replace your sway bar to a 34 mm in front, and upgrade back bar if you want more stiffness! Make sure ALL your suspenion is in good shape, including bushings, before you go and replace with polyurethane! I have polyurethane bushings on my sway bar end links and thats it. Since they don't carry poly bushings for every bushing on these cars its really not worth doing because what is not polyurethane with wear out prematurely! With all good suspension and good strong tires, you won't need these poly bushings! I was told that if I did want these polyurethane bushings for the entire car I would need a good blank check, an identical car for them to tear apart and test with, and an order of at lease 10,000 bushings! So I'm pretty happy with what the dealer bushings! These cars drive great if everything is in good shape!

Cntrysthbst
12-02-2005, 05:53 PM
To the guy from Germany -

I hope I don't get in trouble for this. We are not allowed to sell anything on here, and I hope I'm not by giving you this information.

The part number is 14103535, and the other part number is 25536050. You will need 6 of each, 12 total! Six upper, and six lower. I bought them for about 9 dollars a piece. I bought them at Jim Rathmann Chevy/Buick and there parts direct line is 321-726-4230 - or online at www.jimrathmann.com (http://www.jimrathmann.com). If you'd like a copy of the bill which has better info than I explained just email me at cntrysthbst@yahoo.com and I will send it to you! Hope this helps! :smokin:

Cntrysthbst
12-02-2005, 06:07 PM
Thanks HotZ28, will do! The car drives better now with the alignment out than it did with a good alignment and old bushings. Can't wait till it's done!

Cntrysthbst
12-02-2005, 06:32 PM
I never replaced bushings yet...Just curious....Were the bushings rubber(stock) the reason why i ask is that my friends have done bushings and have changed to Polyeurothane. I hear they are alot stiffer. Is there an advantage, or downfall?
Yes, the stock are metal and rubber.

ParkerD
12-03-2005, 04:38 AM
Thanks for the information!!
I will try this..

I changed out my front sway bar bushings from stock rubber to Moog bushings (blue coloured).The handling improved dramatically,its more stiffer and the car runs more balanced / smoother.
K 5329 is the part # in this case,with 32mm thick sway bar.

Little investment - great improvement.

ParkerD

Cntrysthbst
12-08-2005, 08:08 AM
To Parker, explain those blue bushings from moog please, are they polyurethane? I checked 6 polyurethane bushing makers and had no luck, they have them for the older Park Ave's, but the 91 and newer have a different style bushing which no one carried because of the angle lift they have to them. If yours is for a 91 to 96 Park Ave, and they are poly bushings, please let me know how I can get them as well! Thank you! :smile:

ParkerD
12-10-2005, 06:46 AM
To Parker, explain those blue bushings from moog please, are they polyurethane? I checked 6 polyurethane bushing makers and had no luck, they have them for the older Park Ave's, but the 91 and newer have a different style bushing which no one carried because of the angle lift they have to them. If yours is for a 91 to 96 Park Ave, and they are poly bushings, please let me know how I can get them as well! Thank you! :smile:

Hi Cntrysthbst,

these bushings are sold by Moog,part# K5329,apoxx.8-10US$ you need one set,that contains the two front sway bar bush.This part fits for an PA with 32 mm sway bar.There are other diameters availible at online autoparts stores.Printed on the box is "Nascar performance".
Ramcoa /USA is printed on the bushing inside,i think this is the real manufacturer.
Its blue colored,and the material is much more harder than the stock rubber bushings.I can not say its definatley polyurethan,but i think its a material quite nearly poly.Its very hard to stretch the bushings by your fingers!
Attention:The bushings do not fit for the first try,you have to modify them slightly! But this is no problem if you have a grinding machine.
I wish i had done this modification years before,but the handling is great!! And no restrictions on ride comfort,i think thats an important point! You can handle the PA like an sports car after that cure...

If you need more info,pls.tell me.

ParkerD

Cntrysthbst
12-17-2005, 01:20 PM
I gotcha! Thank you! :)

Add your comment to this topic!