Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

"OC" in rear view mirror instead of temp

luvsthe8car
11-04-2005, 06:50 PM
Can anyone tell me why there is an "OC" in the temperature display instead of a number? I cannot find anything in the owners manual. This began before I had an oil change, and continued thererafter. I have reset the oil change indicator as instructed in the manual, so I don't know how it would be an oil change indicator. It's been doing this for a lonnnnnnnng time. Any help would be appreciated.

ScarabEpic22
11-05-2005, 02:34 AM
Welcome to the site!

What year is your vehicle?
Is a S10 Blazer w/TrailBlazer option package or a 2002+ TrailBlazer?

If it is an 02+, then this is probably what is wrong. If it is really an S10 Blazer, then I have no idea and you could ask the guys in the Blazer forums.
It sounds as if the outside temperature sensor is malfunctioning. It is located under the top radiator mount. Check it to see if it has a bug or something blocking it. If it does, I think the replacement part is like $10-15 at the Chevy dealership.

luvsthe8car
11-05-2005, 09:03 AM
It's a 2002 EXT. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll see what I can find.

Welcome to the site!

What year is your vehicle?
Is a S10 Blazer w/TrailBlazer option package or a 2002+ TrailBlazer?

If it is an 02+, then this is probably what is wrong. If it is really an S10 Blazer, then I have no idea and you could ask the guys in the Blazer forums.
It sounds as if the outside temperature sensor is malfunctioning. It is located under the top radiator mount. Check it to see if it has a bug or something blocking it. If it does, I think the replacement part is like $10-15 at the Chevy dealership.

Darth Zavious
11-05-2005, 09:58 AM
Wow! How ironic! My 02 TB just started to do the same thing the other day. I thought it was related to the OC> Outside Cold weather drastic change we just had here in the Southwest.

A bug huntin' I will go! LOL! :icon16:

ScarabEpic22
11-06-2005, 02:18 AM
An 02 EXT, then this could most definately be your problem. Check it to make sure before purchasing a new sensor.

Add your comment to this topic!