Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

93 explorer ignition fuse

Jimmac
10-23-2005, 06:54 PM
I went to start my 93 explorer the other day, it jumped and then died. I tried to start it again and nothing happend. After inspecting it for a bit, i found that the 60 Amp ignition fuse was blown. Hoping that it was only the fuse I bought 2 more and replaced it. Unfortunatly, it simply blew that fuse when i tired to start it again. Hoping that it was possibly the starter stickign or something, i tapped on that a few times and used teh alst fuse. Again it blew. I'm not to sure what to check to figure out what this is. I suspect that there is a short someware in the line, or even possibly in the starter. Hopefully someone else has seen this and might be able to direct me as to what to look for. Thank you in advance.

exploded99
10-23-2005, 08:41 PM
I went to start my 93 explorer the other day, it jumped and then died. I tried to start it again and nothing happend. After inspecting it for a bit, i found that the 60 Amp ignition fuse was blown. Hoping that it was only the fuse I bought 2 more and replaced it. Unfortunatly, it simply blew that fuse when i tired to start it again. Hoping that it was possibly the starter stickign or something, i tapped on that a few times and used teh alst fuse. Again it blew. I'm not to sure what to check to figure out what this is. I suspect that there is a short someware in the line, or even possibly in the starter. Hopefully someone else has seen this and might be able to direct me as to what to look for. Thank you in advance.

Does the fuse blow when you turn the key to ON or when you turn the key to START?

Jimmac
10-23-2005, 09:01 PM
it blows when its in start(ie turned all the way) It made the sound like it was about to turn over, then abruptly stopped when teh fuse blows. It sounds like it is about to start for about 3-4 seconds before it stops and the fuse blows.

Add your comment to this topic!