Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

shimmy & Shake!!

hairybear
09-25-2005, 02:14 PM
I installed a new left outer tie rod on my 2001 explorer, it went smooth as silk,,(kinda scary) but any way I took it out for a drive, seemed fine.got it up to about 50 and did some evasive manuvers (quick left and rights on a country road,WHOOOOOOOOOOO! felt like my right front tire was falling off!, all kinda shaking going on!! I fiqured that my tire was loose on the right front. Drove home jacked it up,,found the lug nuts to be totally tight and secure. Put it up on ramps and could not see any problems.About 30 mins. later I drove to the store,,no problems from front end seemed nice and tight.What do ya think? Next week I'm putting on a right tie rod end, cause they have lub points, I like that.

exploded99
09-25-2005, 11:29 PM
I installed a new left outer tie rod on my 2001 explorer, it went smooth as silk,,(kinda scary) but any way I took it out for a drive, seemed fine.got it up to about 50 and did some evasive manuvers (quick left and rights on a country road,WHOOOOOOOOOOO! felt like my right front tire was falling off!, all kinda shaking going on!! I fiqured that my tire was loose on the right front. Drove home jacked it up,,found the lug nuts to be totally tight and secure. Put it up on ramps and could not see any problems.About 30 mins. later I drove to the store,,no problems from front end seemed nice and tight.What do ya think? Next week I'm putting on a right tie rod end, cause they have lub points, I like that.

I think your alignment is bad. When you put in a tie rod and, it changes your toe - in. Fix the other side quickly and get it aligned. If you drive it that way you'll get uneven tire wear, and some tires get noisy when that happens.

Add your comment to this topic!