Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2004 Malibu Key Fob Problem

ROBERT ESPOSITO
09-06-2005, 05:59 PM
Hello Folks, The key fob for my new 2004 Malibu 13 months old has a problem. It locks the doors ,opens the trunk etc. but no longer opens the doors. I replaced the battery, even though I knew that was not the problem. Questions: If I open again can I clean the contact and with what and how? If I take it to the dealer can they fix it? If it can't be fixed, how much will it cost for a new one , and should the dealer pay for it? Thanks everyone, Bob.

porrsher
09-06-2005, 09:31 PM
Hey Robert,
If you already replaced the battery you should be able to open it again and pop out the electronic small board from the rubber keys on the fob. I would check and clean with a cloth for any debris that might be blocking the contact. Also is your 04 still under warranty miles wise? If thats the case the stealership should be able to replace under the warranty. Remember to bring all your fob's when taking it to them so that are able to program all of them.
Hope that helps

ROBERT ESPOSITO
09-07-2005, 03:44 PM
Hey Robert,
If you already replaced the battery you should be able to open it again and pop out the electronic small board from the rubber keys on the fob. I would check and clean with a cloth for any debris that might be blocking the contact. Also is your 04 still under warranty miles wise? If thats the case the stealership should be able to replace under the warranty. Remember to bring all your fob's when taking it to them so that are able to program all of them.
Hope that helps

Thank You Possher, I will give it a shot.

Add your comment to this topic!