Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Please help moron change control module..

jimmiejam
08-29-2005, 04:48 PM
I need step by step and where "exactly" to find the Blower Motor control module so that I can change it on my 91 buick park ave. Do I take the blower itself out to get to the module. Please explain it to me like you would a little kid. Thanks, Jim

kok328
08-29-2005, 05:20 PM
"Please explain it to me like you would a little kid."

Well, first off Jimmy, what kind of problem are you having that leads you to believe that the blower motor control module is at fault?

HotZ28
08-29-2005, 05:52 PM
http://autorepair.about.com/library/illustrations/bl107a-lib.htm
1991 Buick Park Avenue Blower Motor Resistor Location

kok328
08-30-2005, 06:32 PM
'm confused between "Blower motor control module" and "blower motor resistor". I also don't know what problem your trying to remedy. Can you provide any feedback?

HotZ28
08-30-2005, 08:59 PM
The blower control resistor and blower control module do basically the same thing, they control the fan speed. The control module is unique to the auto climate control and the resistor is used on the manual control systems. The PA would have auto climate control, and therefore have the blower control module. It is locate in the fan box, under the fuse & relay center. When it fails, it either runs the fan all the time, or not at all.

jimmiejam
08-31-2005, 03:23 PM
The blower is running all the time. I have read where it is located but I see nothing like this on my vehicle. Where is the "fan box""??!!? Is it the motor looking thing sticking outta the firewall? Thanks, Jim

HotZ28
08-31-2005, 05:52 PM
:slap:

Click on the link on post #3 and you will see where it is located.

You need to remove the fuse and relay panel to access the module. The fuse and relay panel is held on by two (2) 10mm nuts located on studs sticking out of the firewall. Remove the nuts and pull forward on the relay panel about six (6) inches. Look down between the firewall and fuse-relay panel and you will see two (2) wiring connectors going to the module. Unplug the connectors and you will see three (3) screws holding the module in the fan box. Remove the screws, and pull up on the module moving it back and forth to get it out. Then look at what is in your hand, that should be the blower control module!
:thinkerg:

kok328
08-31-2005, 05:53 PM
Sounds like the blower motor relay is stuck ON. Look under the Maxi-Fuse/Relay panel under the hood. The relay you need to check is the 3rd one from the left (facing the car). The blower "motor" is mounted in the middle of the firewall in the engine compartment. The "fan box" is located under the dashboard inside the vehicle. The blower motor is mounted to the back side of the fan box through the firewall.

HotZ28
08-31-2005, 06:02 PM
The PA has auto climate control and does not use relays for the fan speed.

jimmiejam
08-31-2005, 07:32 PM
Thanks HotZ. Those are the kind of instructions I need. It is appreciated very much.
I'm the type that needs every detail. The Chilton books assume you know to much in there instructions. Thanks again, Jim

seldomo19
10-05-2005, 07:12 AM
WOuld these be the same directions i would use to do the same thing on a 94 buick park avenue?????
Thanks SElena

http://autorepair.about.com/library/illustrations/bl107a-lib.htm
1991 Buick Park Avenue Blower Motor Resistor Location

HotZ28
10-05-2005, 07:15 PM
Exactly!

Add your comment to this topic!