Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

locks and lights

blueayes
08-26-2005, 07:13 PM
HELP! I think my 2003 TB is possessed.

The rear hatch doesn't like to open, but it's not a regular event. It's hit and miss, sometimes it opens, sometimes not. What happens is this: When I park, all of the doors unlock automatically but the hatch stays locked. The remote doesn't want to work at all to lock/unlock anything on the vehicle (batteries have been changed twice and still nothing). The remote working is also intermittent, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. No fun trying to do a manual unlock of the hatch when the back end is full of stuff.

Now, the interior lights won't go off unless I either, 1.) turn them completely off by pressing the dome lamp override button (then they stay off even when a door is opened), or 2.) the battery run-down protection system kicks in and they go off automatically 20 minutes after the vehicle is off. All doors are closed tightly and I can't find any other reason why they'd stay on.

I suspect I'll be making a (costly) trip to my local dealer to have this looked at, but I thought maybe someone might have some suggestions before I go in. Thanks!

Becky

dshow
08-29-2005, 12:25 PM
I have an '03 LT. I have mine set to unlock everything when I put it in park. Sometimes the hatch is unlocked when I go back and sometimes it is not... Haven't figured out any patern yet. Don't have a problem with the remote unlock.

blabonte
08-29-2005, 03:52 PM
How bout this one, I park my trailblazer and get out shut the door and all the doors lock automaticly when the engine is off, or running.
don't ever leave your keys inside cool eh ?

blueayes
08-29-2005, 03:59 PM
Well, now my lights are operating normally again, my remote seems to be working (fingers crossed), but the hatch is sometimes open, sometimes locked after I put the vehicle in park. I'm sure the guy at the Chevy garage is going to think I'm nuts....I fully expect that on the day I bring it in it will be functioning normally all the way around.

I've found that if, upon exiting the vehicle, that anyone hits one of the lock/unlock buttons on their door, even if they hit it to unlock, the vehicle will lock itself after closing the last door. So you are right....never leave your keys inside unless you have a spare really handy.

coolblink
08-29-2005, 05:46 PM
if you read you manual it tell you how to reprogram it so it does not do that (lock the doors) i thinks its on the smaill 10 pages color manual

dach95
08-29-2005, 08:54 PM
sometimes I just wish I had bought the LS without any fancy features so I don't have to worry about them breaking down and effecting driveability.

Add your comment to this topic!