Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Musty air.

Bobbywolf
08-01-2005, 09:04 PM
When I turn on my heat in the car, or my A/C for that matter, there is a musty bad smell that comes. Where would I seek out the source of this? Tear the dash apart? In the engine compartement?

The car was parked all winter, and ever since I started driving it again, its had this smell. Hopefully a critter didn't make my car its home for the winter lol.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

AzTumbleweed
08-02-2005, 05:52 AM
I bought my car five years ago from a smoker and you can still smell it some days. If you turn the vent selector on recirculate then you can go down by the passenger kick panel and see where the air is drawn in from inside the car. I sprayed the hell out of it with Lysol. Helps some. If I'm not making myself clear let me know but this will help you some.

AzTumbleweed
08-02-2005, 08:46 AM
Open your glove box door and you can see the air intake. Control must be in recirculate position to pull air through here. While spraying Lysol, or whatever, move control from vent to heat to defrost to get it through all of the ducts.

http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/500/353032glovebox.jpg

Add your comment to this topic!