Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

96 transport Computer

chris96transport
07-14-2005, 02:54 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew how long It would tipically take to rest the computer in a 1996 transport

cdru
07-14-2005, 10:29 PM
Many local autopart stores will pull codes and/or reset your computer via a scantool for free. This is probably the easiest way. I've actually never had luck resetting my computer and erasing DTC with just removing the battery terminal, even for extended periods of time.

chris96transport
07-15-2005, 05:39 PM
yea well mine was broke for a year and was without battery for a year and the shop just told me to ride it till the comp kicked in and I was wondering how to tell when it kicked in mostly because I had it sit for a year cause I thought it was big fix because it blew fuses every block or 2 and the shop told me all it was is a dead battery so im thinking when the comp reboots so will my fuse problem

GregA
07-15-2005, 07:18 PM
yea well mine was broke for a year and was without battery for a year and the shop just told me to ride it till the comp kicked in and I was wondering how to tell when it kicked in mostly because I had it sit for a year cause I thought it was big fix because it blew fuses every block or 2 and the shop told me all it was is a dead battery so im thinking when the comp reboots so will my fuse problem
Chris,

The computer is really more of a "controller" than a computer. It controls the engine all the time and does not "reboot" like our computers do (especially with win-doze :wink: ).

As for blowing fuses, this is usually caused by some kind of short circuit or something that draws too much current. If you let us know what fuses have blown and what codes are pulled from the "controller" then we can probably steer you in the right direction.

We have some pretty helpful folks here, and they are pretty sharp too :smokin: . Where else can you get help fixin' your car via a computer? (I REALLY appreciate them being here & being willing to help)

Take Care,

Add your comment to this topic!