infiniti j30 tension rod?

valesco
07-13-2005, 07:23 PM
Recently I took my j30 to a regular maintenance and the tech told me both Tension rods are worn out and need to be replaced or the wheels will miss-align and they could blow up!

Does any one knows where can I get this parts besides the dealer? (Tension Rods)
I checked all the regular parts stores (like autozone) and no luck!

Thanks for the help

j30tman
07-15-2005, 10:25 PM
The only place I could find them was at a dealer. Just fork out the $80 and buy both of them. You will need a press to get the old ones out and to install the new ones. The tension rods can be removed from the car in about 5 minutes.

94J30t
07-21-2005, 11:27 PM
i am having the same problem. as far as the tires blowing up, screw that! they wont blow up so if you short on money you can give it a little bit...i have been rolling on bad tension rod bushings for about 4 months now. they will slightly throw your alignment off a very little bit and your tires will just wear horrible. if you keep driving on them and dont noticce the wires showing then you risk a blow out. napa said they carry then for $40 each but i think they are solid bushing wereas the j30 came factory with hydraulic (fluid filled) bushings.

id call napa you might be able to get them cheaper

Add your comment to this topic!