Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

infiniti A/C blows warm air

sccndc
06-28-2005, 09:03 AM
I have had just about all the typicall probs with the j30 - transmission, window, A/C, radio...

A/C prob:
I'm trying to fix the A/C myself.

-Blows air the same temp as outside
-The compressor kicks on when I turn on the A/C
-The pressure seems high, (tested at the recharge valve about 65psi)
-I recharged it 2 times last year and never evacuated it, at the time of the recharge the pressure seemed ok.
-It would blow cold air for about a week after the recharge

I plan to attempt any repairs myself. My (very uneducated) guess is that the problem is a faulty valve or the condensor - HOPEFULLY the valve.

Has anyone done it? Any input? Or does anyone know how I can get it diagnosed cheaply?

thanks,
sccndc

Nahkapohjola
06-28-2005, 12:50 PM
... Any input? ...

I dunno if here is any news to u, its nissan A/C page, check:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507/7

Underground_Killah
06-28-2005, 09:52 PM
um i have the same problem... big check is the belt. make sure your belt is not shredded or torn. that's the problem i had and it works fine now. and the maxima site doesn't really 100% match up with the J30.

Nahkapohjola
06-29-2005, 02:12 AM
um i have .... the J30.

"big check is the belt."
belt? lol. Is there really one?

"maxima site doesn't really 100% "
Everybody knows that already: whom your "great detailed info" helps?
Make a better site: at least then theres all the 100% u need, and u will stop whining...

Nissan builds the cars from blocks it buys globally. The very same blocks can be seen in any Nissan product.

sccndc
06-29-2005, 08:55 AM
My belts are good. I'm wonering if I have a faulty valve and if that is causing the pressure to be to high that the compressor kicks on but won't actually blow cold air...so does anyone know how to check or replace the valves?

Underground_Killah
07-01-2005, 04:51 AM
for someone with a site that claims to fix j30's, you sure don't know about the a/c compressor belt....

anyway, it's not 100% accurate to every situation with the J30 and i don't believe your site covers the issues that J30 owners have. not all vg30de engines are the same (maxima, 300zx na and j30) they are all tuned differently and have differences.

I'm just stating my opinion, not calling names or trying to start a flame war, Just don't misquote me and we won't have a problem.

Nahkapohjola
07-01-2005, 02:56 PM
... Just don't misquote me and we won't have a problem.

Repeat: Parts is parts. Nissan uses 'em liberally on all vehiculos... Part xyz works like part xyz in any vehiculo. Even belt(S). Stop whining.

Just don't misquote me and YOU won't have a problem.

Underground_Killah
07-01-2005, 08:38 PM
i'm honestly not in the mood for an internet argument. if i misquoted you, i apologize, but i don't recall doing so. if you look above in your posts, you have misquoted me.

The fact is that some of your diy's work, but not all of them. your site is for a maxima, not a J30. Until you are on here with a J30 yourself, doing the work on it, i really don't care. I myself do my own work on my J30, did a complete body rebuild, as well as rotors all around not to mention other tasks (belts, plugs, etc) i just don't have the time to make a car domain site about diy stuff for my J. that's what www.fuzzycats.com is all about. So please, if you want to give advice, at least put a disclaimer saying that this may or may not work. I just would hate for a kid to go "well i followed your site and now my car won't start at all"

as for the beginning of an "arguement" i don't care. winning an arguement over the internet is just like winning the special olympics..... in the end your still retarded.

94J30t
07-21-2005, 11:01 PM
ok well no one actually answered your qiestion.

1 you recharged your system twice without recovering it??
odd are it might be over charged and it will not ever blow cool.

2. it has a problem with a component...id have to look at your gauges to properly diagnose it.

3. you cant really properly diagnos the system by only looking at the low side of the system. you need to look at you high side as well.

a/c systems are hard to diagnos without being right there but i would sugest completly recovering the system and pulling a vaccum on it. you might be pushing 35 psi on the low side and it might be air. doubtful tho it your a/c clutch is engaging. where are you located at? if your close to charlotte nc then ill get you to swing by the shop and we can diag it and revocer and recharge for ya.

Nahkapohjola
07-22-2005, 07:28 AM
ok well no one actually answered your qiestion.
...a/c systems are hard to diagnos ...

Just a few checkups on electronics side and youre through; proper leak/liquid problem solving needs proper equipment although u might be lucky with DIY fillup.

The possible faulty components can be found here (one sensor & pcb more if auto A/C). Again, this is NOT equal but to maxima manual A/C, 3gen, but these components are used just in any vehicle. For the ECU pins original schema is needed...

read / clic http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507/7
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/748000-748999/748507_370_full.jpg

normseven
07-25-2005, 01:07 PM
Has you got a fix for your J30 A/C issue? I reviewed some of the replys, but they seemed vague.

Norm

Add your comment to this topic!